Beating the Trials

y2dave04

Hello. I, like many of you, am trying to get the Platinum for this game before it is shut down on Friday.  I am down to just needing Myth No More, If They Be Worthy..., and Strongest One There Is.

I am really struggling with the trials.  Now before you flood this feed with comments about how I'm a newb or I suck at this game, please realize I know I'm not great at this game.  I'm not very good at all honestly, and a lot of that has to do with not understanding how to allocate my infinity points and how to best make use of powers, talents, and the like.

I can't even beat Heroic trial, so if you could give me some guidance on how to get through it so I can tackle Super Heroic, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have a level 60 Ghost Rider, Thor, and Hulk, Omega Prestige for Storm, Jean Grey, Psyclocke, and Magik, a twice prestiged level 16 Spider-Man, and a level 31 Scarlett Witch.  I have synergies set up with  the 8 level 60 or prestige characters.

I have nearly completed Heroic Trial with both Jean Grey and Scarlett Witch, but I lost on the final wave with both of them.  Jean Grey I ran out of time, and Scarlett Witch I died just as I had it down to two yellow enemies and Red Skull.

My gear isn't the greatest for any of my characters since I haven't been able to get past the Heroic Trial, but I do have Shield Boxes that have yielded me some better gear for some of my characters.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Edited by y2dave04

I did the trials using Scarlet Witch. Get her to level 60 first by grinding treasure rooms in chapter 1 and 3 so that you can use all of her moves/Talents etc.

Watch this and copy his set up, every single part of it including the Talents: 

The moves he picks are very good. 

Use the L2+Circle move when you're low on health as it regenerates your health and damages them. Make sure you use this on the boss and robot mechs. Make sure you are hitting as many enemies as you can with every use so that you can complete the trial in time. I always made sure the move hit the boss AND the mechs. The L2+X move (unmake reality) is really good too, it instantly vaporises any weaker enemies, disposing of them instantly. It's also really good against the robot mechs. It makes them invisible and unable to attack you + whilst they are affected by it...they take more damage from your other moves. Always use this against the robot mechs. Use the L2+triangle move whilst facing the robot mechs to hypnotise them and get them fighting each other. Make sure you use it when they are grouped up so more enemies fall under its spell and they damage each other more effectively. Make sure you are using the L2+ ___ moves religiously as soon as they recharge; they are vital. Always use L2+square as soon as it's available too then pummel them by holding X. I found this move to be a lot stronger than the move when you hold square.

Remember you can gain some health back by pressing L1 if you're about to die. Also spam the dashes with O(circle) to dodge incoming attacks. I also dodged to the enemies at the start using Circle to shave off a few seconds; this can be the difference between failing and succeeding. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 1

Excellent.  Thank you very much for your prompt and well-written response.  I understand everything you have written, and I will check out the video now to get a further in-depth analysis.

I just managed to beat the Heroic Trial with Spider-Man, so I at least have a full understanding of what the entire trial consists of.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, y2dave04 said:

Excellent.  Thank you very much for your prompt and well-written response.  I understand everything you have written, and I will check out the video now to get a further in-depth analysis.

I just managed to beat the Heroic Trial with Spider-Man, so I at least have a full understanding of what the entire trial consists of.

Thanks again!

No problem. Message me/say on here if you need more advice and i'll do my best.