Bungie Publishes State of the Game

Swotam

In response to mounting criticism and general negativity over Destiny 2, communication with the community, end-game activities and incentives, and a myriad of other complaints, Bungie has published what basically amounts to a State of the Game on their site.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46504

Maybe that'll be enough, maybe not. Time will tell I expect.

9 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Nothing exciting, a lot of D1 stuff is happening which is good but the usual Bungie stance of "there's more, stay tuned." They can't tell us what the Prestige rewards are gonna be? A stream showing us these changes would've been nice with a Q&A from users. 

Agreed. A lot of the "coming in December" stuff is content that probably should have been in the game at launch, or perhaps shouldn't have been cut from the game if you prefer to look at it that way. I also noticed a lot of vagueness in the "beyond December" stuff, which probably could have used some more detail really.

Edit: The post also fails to touch on several hot button issues with the community such as vault space, vault organization and sorting, kiosks for collections, etc. Failure to mention these at all will no doubt be a source of ongoing concern for many, especially those who wish to collect things in a game that Bungie has, on at least one occasion, referred to as a "collection game".

IMO it's a start, but it's not enough to make me want to pick up Curse of Osiris or start playing again.

Edited by Swotam
more words

• 1 month later...