Hyperkin Retron 4 to play NES, SNES, Genesis, and GBA

Lady Lilith

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/retron-4-console-revealed-plays-nintendo-and-sega-cartridges/0111945

42a6872563b126fd3a1def8a7df68776.jpg

Video game peripherals company Hyperkin has announced the RetroN 4, a console that allows you to play NES, SNES, Game Boy Advance, and Sega Genesis cartridges on a television through HDMI.

The RetroN 4 will pack cartridge slots for each of the aforementioned system, two controller ports for each console, and also includes a Bluetooth controller. The console will output video via HDMI and both NTSC and PAL cartridges will work with the console.

The operating system will allow players to select platforms, reassign controls, and other yet to be announced features as well.

Hyperkin already offers the RetroN 3 (pictured). The product is compatible with NES, SNES, Super Famicom, Sega Genesis and Mega Drive cartridges, and includes S-video and composite video output.

"As this is an ambitious project for Hyperkin, our goal for this system is to combine modern gaming convenience to not only cater to the retro gaming community, but to also introduce a new generation of gamers to the classic games that have shaped the present gaming landscape," said Steven Mar, Hyperkin's executive director.

The company plans to fully unveil the hardware on March 23rd, at the Midwest Gaming Classic trade show in Wisconsin.

This might be cool if I ever need to make more room in my setup...and I could play GBA games without having to rely on the Gameboy Player as a bonus.