A checklist of rebuilding, of redemption, and rebirth -- Icebrand1270 to OohYeah127.

Icebrand1270

Introduction

My real name is Andreas, a 39-Year-Old male from Staten Island, New York.

How to describe me? Hmm, essentially an average guy who's been fortunate enough to do some extraordinary things in his life. For over 11 years I've worked with a prominent "minor-league" ("indie" as it is commonly referred to) pro wrestling promotion in New York/New Jersey called East Coast Pro Wrestling (ECPW) as an announcer/commentator/commissioner. In those 11 years I have worked with legends still healthy enough to tour, met great fans and lived a dream come true.

Sadly, leg injuries have somewhat slowed me down but I shall keep this going for as long as possible!

As for my gaming history, I started gaming on my father's knee with an Atari 2600 joystick in my hand at the age of 1. My first and favorite game was Freeway (Activision's version of Frogger), where the player was tasked with helping a chicken cross 10 lanes of highway traffic as many times as possible within a time limit. My first console was the NES in 1989 and my first portable was the Nintendo Game Boy in 1990.

I switched over to Sony in the PS2 era as I watched Nintendo go for a far younger crowd than... well, me. By 2008, I owned a PS3 before trophies had even come to be. Taking the name Icebrand1270 after a popular Final Fantasy weapon, I fell into trophy hunting almost by accident, seeing it as an extension of the old-school high score. I had a Vita by 2014 and a PS4 by 2016 as well.

As Icebrand1270, I earned 131 Platinums and over 12,000 Trophies... until it all came crashing down in the end, thanks to a bank card hack. But no one can grieve forever, so I started anew as OohYeah127 (obviously a Macho Man Randy Savage reference).

I'm certainly not your typical trophy hunter. I have an appetite for games of all skill levels, genres, popularity, notoriety and levels of Metacritic rating. Nor do I shun online, grinding or collectible trophies... a thought perhaps more foolish than bold.

Enough boring intro! Let's do this!!!

Platinums

UNDER SEVERE RECONSTRUCTION! RESULTS COMING... EVENTUALLY!!!

MORE TO BE ADDED! COMMENTS ARE WELCOME!!!

Edited by Icebrand1270

You lost out on twelve THOUSAND trophies? Dang... That's quite a lot to bounce back from. I'm sure there are games in that collection that you wouldn't mind playing through again. I have several games that I started (or finished) playing through on an old account that I'd love to get my hands on again, so sometimes it's not so bad starting over.

This Taco Master game has me intrigued.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 7:43 AM, Soneto said:

Merry Christmas and good luck on future plats!

On 12/26/2017 at 2:24 PM, Cassylvania said:

You lost out on twelve THOUSAND trophies? Dang... That's quite a lot to bounce back from. I'm sure there are games in that collection that you wouldn't mind playing through again. I have several games that I started (or finished) playing through on an old account that I'd love to get my hands on again, so sometimes it's not so bad starting over.

This Taco Master game has me intrigued.

Yep, I lost a lot. It is the nature of all things to end. i never envisioned it ending in such a way, of course.

As for Taco Master, it is a "time management" game on Vita for a mere 3 dollars. You may hurt your fingers sliding so many tacos, however.

Anyway, I did score 1 more Plat while I was away:

4. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass And Ink

12/25/2017

I never had a Christmas Plat in my days as Icebrand1270 (although I had a couple of Christmas Eve Plats) so this was a nice touch to end a year that was bad for me in multiple ways, mostly in terms of physical health. The easiest of the Artifex Mundi Plats as hints are permitted in the Hidden Object Puzzles. Nice story with a graphical style that reminds me of a painting but is not artsy or snobbish. Good music as well.

Not doing too many trophies this month. However, 2 games are being done for trophies: Fallout 4 and Burly Men at Sea. Burly Men At Sea has a nice art style and plays like a collection of short stories, if a bit repetitive. 4 endings down, 8 to go. The stories are 15-20 minutes each, however.

Fallout 4, although far from the most popular entrant in the series, certainly needs no introduction whatsoever. This classic tale of "You can't go home again" in the Fallout universe is something I am enjoying more than most. I most recently earned the notorious Benevolent Leader trophy, leaving me with just 7 trophies to go. 6 of them are related to the faction stories. The other is Prankster's Return, which is for killing an enemy by putting a grenade in their pocket. I'm saving that one for last, since it... fits my... sense of humor. Hey, you have to admit, it will make a great Platinum pic! :devil:

Until next time!!!