Obsessive Collecting - Trophy Glitch?

henriquenice

Hey all!
So, I got back into the game after some years to clean my backlog. I managed to get all the prize bubbles on the main story, but I didn't get the Obsessive Collecting trophy.

The strange thing is that I actually got the pin, in game, related to the trophy. I searched on the internet and didn't find any kind of problem related to this, so I'm a little lost from this point.

Has anyone had the same problem? 

Thanks in advance! 

P.S: I have the Marvel Edition of the game, if that matters anyhow.

EDIT: I managed to get the trophy after all, but I had to do it all over again...and I had one backup from when I finished the main campaign so it was a bit of a pain to get everything again.

I never saw this kind of thing in any of the previously LBP games, not even on the internet. But since it happened to me, backup your save before getting the last bubbles. Might save you from a headache.

Edited by henriquenice

That sounds odd. Mine popped today right after the pin showed up in the bottom left corner. You do have all the 100% "Goodie Bag" icons on your levels correct? Also check and see if you're missing any level completed gifts thats you earn for having all of the prize bubbles. Those and the level aces didn't matter for me but I only had the standard edition of the game, so who knows.

Perhaps if the game didn't save correctly after getting the pin, it locked you out of the trophy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

That sounds odd. Mine popped today right after the pin showed up in the bottom left corner. You do have all the 100% "Goodie Bag" icons on your levels correct?

Yep, I do. 

7 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Also check and see if you're missing any level completed gifts thats you earn for having all of the prize bubbles. Those and the level aces didn't matter for me but I only had the standard edition of the game, so who knows.

I didn't have those, at first, when the pin popped. I went after them later, but still no luck with the trophy. 

My only hope are those minigames (that require 3 stars to get all prizes)...but every guide says that they are not required for the trophy.

And it's also odd that in every lbp game so far, the pin is always given at the same time as the trophy, like yours.

I am not sure what to do, since my last cloud save is from 1 year ago

7 minutes ago, henriquenice said:

Yep, I do. 

I didn't have those, at first, when the pin popped. I went after them later, but still no luck with the trophy. 

My only hope are those minigames (that require 3 stars to get all prizes)...but every guide says that they are not required for the trophy.

And it's also odd that in every lbp game so far, the pin is always given at the same time as the trophy, like yours.

I am not sure what to do, since my last cloud save is from 1 year ago

Definitely try the minigames, although like guides say, they shouldn't make a difference since us trophy hunters only need to complete a few of them for the platinum. If they contributed then we probably would have had to play all of them and that would have been talked about more often.

Well, if all else fails and it comes to this, it wouldn't take you too long to speed through the story mode again on a new save and gather all the in-level prize bubbles. Since that's all you have left to do and you already know where all of the prize bubbles are, it shouldn't be too bad. But my only other suggestion would have been to reload a cloud save, but unfortunately that's not an option for you.

13 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Definitely try the minigames, although like guides say, they shouldn't make a difference since us trophy hunters only need to complete a few of them for the platinum. If they contributed then we probably would have had to play all of them and that would have been talked about more often.

Well, if all else fails and it comes to this, it wouldn't take you too long to speed through the story mode again on a new save and gather all the in-level prize bubbles. Since that's all you have left to do and you already know where all of the prize bubbles are, it shouldn't be too bad. But my only other suggestion would have been to reload a cloud save, but unfortunately that's not an option for you.

Yeah, i just enabled cloud save now lol...

I will just finish all the other trophies and then reload a new one, and try to get the pin all over again.

First I will do the minigames, on the hope that it helps somehow

Thanks for the tips anyway!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...