No Op-perch-tuna-ty For Platinum!

PSNPIsToxic

Any-FIN for Platinum?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should i face legal reprimand and/or sanction for finding & physically assaulting (with a locally purchased fishing rod) the publisher of 'Fishing Master' for knowingly launching an unfinished game with the platinum trophy glitched & subsequently unavailable?

• WATER-EVER fixes the FISHUE!
    • You are out of LINE & SHOALD reconsider....

Xuebao Games must LINE up a patch NOW!!!

Fresh off the single most difficult platinum i had ever attempted/ACHIEVED ('I Am Bread') and this also preceded by the single worst glitched/bugged trophy pursuit ('Baja: Edge of Control') i GENUINELY believed that dear ol' 'Fishing Master' would be a fantastic change of proverbial pace and a much more straightforward virtual road to a 100% completion.....WRONG!

First of all i adored 'Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV' once all of the bugs were PATCHED upon being reported ('ya know'....like an efficient + quality developer and/or publisher does!) In my deluded thought process i believed a DEDICATED fishing game built from the ground up would prove an even more enjoyable and rewarding experience? WRONG AGAIN!

'Fishing Master' is nowhere near as graphically pleasing nor the gameplay as nuanced and addictive as the aforementioned 'MotD' but ironically it does have less bugs/glitches and is frankly more difficult to 'master' which does bring with it an obvious replay value. The issue(s) do not pertain to the game in design nor execution, it only relates to acquiring the full compliment of trophies necessary to gain the platinum' and considering this is a trophy tracking/themed website.....I FEEL IT IS DAMN PERTINENT TO MENTION THAT SIX TROPHIES ARE COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO ATTAIN!!!

The SIX unobtainable fiends in question are winning 1, 2 and 3 Pro Tours, a World Championship and accomplishing 100 daily tasks (the sixth trophy is obviously the platinum' itself.) Upon unlocking and finishing first overall in the Pro Tours AND World Championship = NO TROPHY UNLOCK. It is particularly frustrating in regards to winning the World Championship (which required a decent 100+ hour grind) because the end credits roll, the trophy sits nicely on your boats window ledge as proof/reminder BUT NO TROPHY IS FORTHCOMING (it even has the nerve to reset all the points you have grinded to get there!) In regards to the '100 daily tasks'? They appear in the form of 'sticky notes' to click on and complete (ALL of which disappear without a trace after approximately 30-35! Bizarre? FISHY?!)  As of writing this said trophies have 0,0% completion and have NEVER been attainable at any point since the games release (as reported by several others, including two of which i have spoken to directly.) Now this brings me onto the absolute focal point of my incredulity and new bane of my existence....

The game has never been patched at any point since it's release in late October 2017 (1.0.0 as proof) and the publisher Snowball Games/Xuebao Games conveniently went AWOL from their only means of communication with the public (Twitter and Facebook) hours after said launch. Their meagre website conveniently contains NO CONTACT link nor information. They have not acknowledged, answered nor seemingly even CHECKED any message sent to them since that time. They are a small company comprised of less than 50 employees total and a forthcoming solution to releasing an unfinished and BROKEN game appears bleak? There is however a SMALL ray of hope. Upon checking the description for the game in the official Playstation store, it makes direct reference to 2 further maps being released as DLC in the future and also "200 fish" being available in the game, yet only 91 are present as of writing this which is relevant because there is a trophy for catching all of them (ironically NOT glitched and unlocks fine!)

In closing? If you are weighing up going for the platinum? Run (SWIM) as far clear as possible because "IT'S A TRAPPPPP!" (Admiral Ackbar's voice who would not be out of plaice in the game?!) If, like me, you have already 'jumped the shark' and been snared by the lure/bait of a reeeely trouble-free platinum? Think again. You had(dock) better hope this amateur hour outfit in charge earned enough from the initial launch to AT LEAST finance the planned DLC and an urgent patch.....otherwise.....we bass-ically cod be left up a creek without a paddle!

Edited by TheFoundling
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...