Equipment Skills that make the game more fun

vex1993_

Are you tired of constant roars interrupting your damage combo or special moves? Do you sometimes find yourself losing balance and getting knocked back into an acid pool stunned while the liquid burns you to death? Is chasing a monster's tail for a gem just getting way too boring? There are solutions for theses problems and you don't necessarily have to sacrifice too much of that sweet DPS.

While every Skill that I'm about to list is not always justified to use depending on the investigation and party formation, most of them are still worth it to use or at least consider for the sake of fluid gameplay and better gaming experience overall.

I'm only listing gear skill pieces I consider useful, but there might be better choices for different builds. Also, I'm not 100% sure I have covered every decoration and external buff.

Earplugs

One of the most useful Skills for general builds in end-game.

Unprotected roars pretty much stun you for a while which can be lethal when chained to other hazards.

Excellent during High Ranked Great Hunting Investigations.

May allow you to stop a fleeing monster or its special attack.

HEAD: Bazel Helm Beta (2)

WAIST: Bazel Coil Beta (2)

CHARM: Earplugs Charm (1-3)

DECORATION: Earplugs Jewel 3

BUFF: Hunting Horn melodies (nullify weak or all roars), Palico gadget Coral Orchestra (nullify weak roars)

Flinch Free

Again, a good skill for all-around use.

Even level 1 Flinch Free is enough to get most out of this Skill, since light knockbacks are common in co-op and fighting gigantic monsters, and tripping is relatively uncommon making level 2 and 3 pretty much redundant considering it is a level-3 Jewel.

Spoiler

HEAD: Xeno'Jiiva Headgear Alpha (1), Xeno'Jiiva Headgear Beta (1)

ARMS: Xeno'Jiiva Claws Beta (1)

LEGS: Xeno'Jiiva Spurs Alpha (1), Xeno'Jiiva Spurs Beta (1)

DECORATION: Brace Jewel 3

Tremor Resistance

Not necessarily as popular, but still very useful against some huge monsters like 

Spoiler

Uragaan, Radobaan, Nergigante, Vaal and Xeno'Jiiva,

since they have multiple attacks producing ground tremors.

Unlike roars, usually tremor attacks can be followed up instantaneously by other attacks from the monsters endangering your investigation rewards.

If you don't mind short interruption on the ground during strong tremors, Tremor Resistance level 2 goes a long way and allows you to invest level-2 socket for something else.

LEGS: Diablos Greaves Alpha (2), Diablos Greaves Beta (2)

CHARM: Tremor Charm (1-2)

DECORATION: Footing Jewel 2

BUFF: Palico gadget Coral Orchestra (?)

Stun Resistance

Pretty valuable especially for: weapons that lock you inside a long attack animation (Dual Blades, Long Sword etc.), inexperienced players, casual hunting and against monsters dealing heavy impact attacks

Spoiler

(Nergigante, Xeno'Jiiva etc.).

Hard to get in early-game, but later these Jewels are popping up all over the place (maybe).

LEGS: Barroth Greaves Beta (2)

CHARM: Stun Charm (1-3)

DECORATION: Steadfast Jewel 1

BUFF: Palico gadget Coral Orchestra (negate stun)

Evade Extender

Huge variation between weapons, but only requiring two to three levels to get satisfying effect compared to Evade Window Skill.

Especially useful against

Spoiler

Tempered Nergigante

in avoiding its air dive smash by dashing longer to negate lethal collisions.

Evasion Mantle and Evade Extender compliment each other.

Spoiler

LEGS: Kushala Crus Alpha (2), Kushala Crush Beta (2)

CHARM: Leaping Charm (1-2)

DECORATION: Jumping Jewel 2

Partbreaker

Can make a significant difference when soloing and trying to break or server a monster's part to get precious Gems for crafting, especially when wielding heavy and slow melee weapon.

Downside is sacrificing a level-2 socket(s).

CHEST: Uragaan Mail Alpha (2), Uragaan Mail Beta (1)

WAIST: Uragaan Coil Beta (1)

Various Vangis pieces

CHARM: Breaker Charm (1-2)

DECORATION: Destroyer level 2

Speed Eating

Surprisingly convenient Skill. Again, two to three levels are enough for maximum pleasure, and the fact that it is level-1 Jewel makes this worth considering.

May help with dodging incoming attacks during eating animation.

Levels reduce item-consumption time by 20%, 40% and 70% respectively.

Various Vangis pieces

CHARM: Glutton's Charm (1-3)

DECORATION: Gobbler Jewel 1

Mushroomancer

Consuming directly certain mushrooms will give it's crafted potion effect (some exceptions).

Wide-Range (Friendship Jewel 1) works with this Skill excluding the max potion effect.

Speed Eating Skill works with this Skill as well.

More info

WAIST: Commission Belt Beta (1)

CHARM: Mushroom Charm (1-2)

DECORATION: Fungiform Jewel 1

Rocksteady Mantle has similar aids, so considering that in armor build against certain monsters may be reasonable.

Sources: https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Hunter+World+Wiki

Third-party armor builders:

http://mhworld.tabletopgeeks.com

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jsRImQg1mChSWgaJEABl3arp7Xm2hp2DI6gJsy8_9Fc/edit#gid=972497561

Edited by vex1993
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite armour, the one I saved as "Survivor", has Earplugs, Recovery Up, Recovery Speed, Peak Performance, Speed Eating, Free Meal, Divine Blessing, and Handicraft. 

I so love it, and can be used with a bunch of weapons (for completeness I need a weapon with Lv 1 and 2 Slots).