Lojtana's Backlog

Lojtana

I haven't been able to play as much as I wanted over the last two months and I wanted to wait until I finished all the games needed for the 10 Things I Hate Event before updating again. As a result I once again haven't updated as frequently as I maybe could have. 

• Apex Legends: 0% → 1/12 5%
  • Battlefield 1: 37/51 68% → 38/51 69%
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition: 31/70 41% → 56/70 80%
  • Here They Lie: 0% → 100% ?
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: 56/79 70% 100% ?
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2: 13/15 61% 100% ?
  • Knowledge is Power: 0% → 100% :platinum: 
  • That's You!: 0% → 100% :platinum: 
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 2: 0% → 100% ?
  • Ultratron: 7/12 38% → 100% ?
  • Uno: 0% → 5/13 23%

I've been a bit all over the place with the games that I wanted to use for the event. There were some complications with my PS3, but since I've been able to get a new one last week I could go back to some of my originally planned games and have been able to finish the event. The final games were:

• EZPZ: The Inner World [PS4/EU] :platinum: 
  • Ultra Rare: Knowledge is Power :platinum: 
  • Platinum-Less: Here They Lie 1f4af.png
  • Unpopular: Pic-A-Pix Color [PS4] :platinum:
  • DLC: Horizon Zero Dawn - Frozen Wilds 1f4af.png
  • Difficulty: Kingdom Hearts 0.2 1f4af.png
  • Speed Run: Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart :platinum:
  • Multyplayer: That's You! :platinum: 
  • Peripherals: The Jackbox Party Pack 2 1f4af.png
  • Bad Rep: Burly Men At Sea :platinum: 

Sadly I somewhat neglected the Monthly Madness in the last two months, but I'm planning to complete the Spyro Trilogy for the next month, so that should be fun. 

Other than that I'm playing BF1 at the moment to get the DLC trophies done and I think I'm going to go back to DA: Inquisition to finally finish this game up. It's been in my backlog for way too long. Since I have a working PS3 now I'd also like to go back to the Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, so that I can move forward with my Backlog Pyramid.

• 1 month later...

As always, it's been quite a while since I last updated. There aren't too many games that I can delete from my backlog, since some of the games that I'm playing are rather lenghty and time-consuming, but at least I'm making progress. And since there are now only 2 PS+ games per month it's actually possible for me to decrease the overall amount of games in my backlog. 

It could be interesting to add some stats about the amount of games that I have overall and the ones that I have finished to the first post. I'll see if I can think of something.

Since the 10 Things I Hate About Games Event ended I mainly focus on completing games that fit the Monthly Madness theme, while also trying to make progress in the games that I chose for the Bingo Bonanza. 

Since my last update was rather short, I'm going back to some of the games to go more into detail what I liked about them and what I didn't. But first my overall progress:

• Battlefield 1: 38/51 69% → 44/51 84%
  • Destiny 2: 10/24 40% → 12/24 54%
  • Detroit: Become Human: 26/49 47%100% :platinum:
  • Jurassic World Evolution: 16/63 23% → 27/63 32%
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy: 0% → 6/31 10%
  • Red Dead Redemption 2: 0% → 1/52 1%
  • Spyro the Dragon: 9/37 14%100% :platinum: 
  • Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • The Witness: 0% → 9/14 65%
  • What Remains of Edith Finch: 0%100% ?

L54e58e.png

#15 - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage

I think that KH 0.2 is good for what it is, which is, at least in my opinion, more of a Demo than an actual game, since there isn't really anything relevant to the story in here that we didn't already know of, except for maybe the way Mickey lost his shirt. I had a bit of difficulty to get used to the new engine; it is a rather big jump from the games that were developed for the PS2 and I'm pretty happy that they polished it a bit more for KH3. It definitely wasn't too much fun to play, but it wasn't really tedious either. It was just boring.

L8ef2ac.png

#16 - Here They Lie

A few sites may classify this as an Adventure game, but it really is just a walking simulator to me and just like most of the others that I played, this one was just really boring to me. It's the genre itself that bores the hell out of me. Some people may get some kind of enjoyment out of playing things like Journey or Everybody's gone to the Rupture, but I mostly play them for the really easy trophies. Additionally to that, this game was pretty weird. I'm sure it would have felt differently, if I had read all of the notes and really listened to the memos that you found throughout the game, but I didn't know what was going on and I actually didn't really care to find out. 

1L373581.png

:platinum:  #62 - Knowledge is Power

L7ff111.png

#17 - Ultratron

I started this game shortly after it was free for PS+ and since the guides online gave it a rather low difficulty rating I didn't think I'd be stuck on this one for as long as I was. There was just way too much going on on the screen at the same time. I got stuck at like Level 35 or something and just decided to let it be for a while. Since then I upgraded my setup a little bit and am now more often than not playing games on a monitor, rather than my TV, and I have to say, it did make a difference. The smaller input delay and just the better proximity in general made this game so much easier and I actually started to enjoy the game. As a result I started to regularly play the Minigame in Stardew Valley, since it's a bit similar and I still need the trophies for that one.

L791899.png

#18 - The Jackbox Party Pack 2

1L3777dc.png

:platinum: #63 - That's You! 

For me That's You!, Knowledge is Power and The Jackbox Party Pack are too similar to each other to write something for every game individually. I know that the low rarity stems from being tedious and having to have multiple devices to play the games on, but once you get past this, these games are actually pretty neat, in my opinion. I think they could be actually fun to play with friends in a more serious way, at least the first few times. In the long run it's probably too repetitive to play for a longer period of time with the same people.

1L8dc02d.png

:platinum: #64 - Detroit: Become Human

I know there have been a lot of memes on the internet regarding this game and David Cage in general, but I like to approach games, and pretty much everything in life, as unbiased as possible and since I really liked the trailer they have shown at E3 and the whole concept in general, it was clear to me that I would play this game no matter what. Sure, there were a few things here and there that were a bit weird or cringy, but in general I enjoyed this game so much. I liked a lot that there were just so many different ways the story could go, that there were so many decisions that impacted the story in different ways and especially that the main characters could actually die. Detroit is definitely the game that I at first thought Until Dawn would be, that your choices would matter more and stuff. So all in all I can say that I absolutely enjoyed the game and having to play through the game a total of 3 times wasn't annoying or tedious at all since it's been somewhat of a different story to experience. I hope that there are going to be a few more choice-based games in the future that are as enjoyable as this one was to me.

1L891f42.png

:platinum: #65 - Spyro the Dragon

1L3f1abf.png

:platinum: #66 - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

1Lbc8c9f.png

:platinum: #67 - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

After the Crash Trilogy was released I really hoped that they would do a Spyro remake since this was the game that I liked even more than Crash, and lo and behold, here we are. I have to say that I only ever really played the first game and only bits and pieces of the sequels. And while all three games were fun I liked the first game the best. It's probably partly the nostalgia, but I also think that the sequels were just to repetitive. Nevertheless I'm interested to see if the rumored new Spyro game is actually in development and if yes, how it's going to turn out.

1Lff6e0b.png

#19 - What Remains of Edith Finch

As I stated a bit earlier, I really don't like Walking Simulators, but this one is an exception. I went into this game not expecting anything at all and after checking a guide to see if/what is missable, I played through the game without looking at it again. I liked that the game wasn't too long or that you walked a long time without anything happening. The little stories were interesting and actually really touching at times. The game is just done really well and I can see why it got the praise that it did. It's definitely a game worth playing, especially since it's free with PS+.

Right now I'm trying to finish The Witness before the end of the month, but it somehow gives me the worst motion sickness ever and I really can't play it for an extended amount of time. This somewhat affirms my suspicion that I wouldn't be able to handle any VR game, as sad as that is for me.

Additionally I'm playing Jurassic World Evolution, to hopefully complete it next month, and Battlefield 1 to finally get all the DLC trophies. I'm a bit paranoid that the servers are going to be dead soon, even though I don't ever have any trouble finding a game. :D 

The last few days I also went back to Final Fantasy XIII. I wanted to complete the trilogy this year as part of my Bingo card, but I'm not sure if it's going to be possible. We'll se how it works out. 

• 1 month later...

The last few weeks I mainly used my time to make further progress in Final Fantasy 13. I'm nearly at the end and right now I'm focused on grinding out the Gil to upgrade all weapons and accessories. So once that is done - which hopefully will happen sometime this month - the trophies should pop in fast succession. 

Because of that I didn't accomplish too much except for a rather short game here and there to fulfill the Monthly Madness themes. 

I always try to plan ahead for the upcoming months, but now that I'm participating in the new Gaming By Numbers Event, I don't want to cram to many games into the last month. Right now I have 3 out of 10 games completed, but we'll see how it goes for the rest.

My Overall Progress:

• Alienation: 10/42 16% → 12/42 20%
  • Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • Conan Exiles: 0% → 100% :platinum: 
  • Dead By Daylight: 63/110 52% → 69/122 51%
  • Doom: 0% → 1/55 1%
  • FIFA 09: 12/57 15% → 19/57 28%
  • Final Fantasy: 9/36 13% → 16/36 31%
  • King Oddball: 5/16 23% → 10/16 47%
  • Monopoly Family Fun Pack: 14/15 90% → 100% ?
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy: 6/31 10% → 10/31 26%
  • Spy Chameleon: 3/31 4% → 100% :platinum: 
  • Terraria: 0% → 4/39 5%
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest: 0% → 100% :platinum: 
  • The Witness: 9/14 65% → 100% :platinum: 
  • Trials Fusion: 0% → 1/51 1%

1L3eb5ea.png

:platinum: #68 - The Witness

As I have stated somewhere previously, I really unironically enjoy puzzle games, so the premise of the game seemed enjoyable, and I did enjoy the first few puzzles, but I couldn't play this game too long at a time, because the movement caused some motion sickness which in turn made me feel kind of dizzy. As a result I used a guide for more puzzles than I would have liked. 

The truly challenging part was of course The Challenge. I have to admit that I used the glitch to have the last two pillars remain active even though the timer already stopped. Otherwise it would have been impossible for me to achieve. It has been pretty hard anyways and I was forced to reset the puzzles a lot. 

All in all it was a rather relaxing game, except for the Challenge, and I enjoyed the little break I got from all the other fast-paced games.

1Laba1e4.png

:platinum: #69 - Conan Exiles

Since I didn't actually play the game I don't feel that I can have a real opinion of this game. It looked interesting and is probably a lot of fun to play with friends, but it doesn't interest me too much so I probably won't personally find out it it's a good game or not. At least not in the foreseeable future.

1Lcb619a.png

:platinum: #70 - Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013

Since I didn't have access to my old PS3 I bought a used one and multiple PS3 Game Bundles off of Ebay and this was one of the games included in one of them. I never played any hunting game so I didn't know for sure what would expect me. Because of the rather low completion rate of the game I thought it would be difficult or challenging, but it actually was rather boring and super repetitive. 

I guess it's an okay game, but I'm sure that there are a lot of better Hunting Simulators/Games out there and I feel that even the essentially 2,50€ I payed for the game are too much. As I said, it was rather uninteresting, but it was a quick Plat and fit the Monthly Madness theme and I had to play it eventually anyways to remove it from my Backlog.

Lcd0bff.png

#20spacer.png - Monopoly Family Fun Pack

After over a year I came back to finally finish this game and not even 10 minutes into it and I got the last trophy that I needed. 

I bought this game on the spur the moment, because I enjoy the occasional board game, but not too many people in my family and circle of friends do, so I'm essentially forced to play by myself. Which is kind of sad, now that I think about it..

Anyways. It's Monopoly. What's there not to like? And funnily enough Monopoly was one of the first games I had for my original Playstation. 

1L1f29d5.png

:platinum: #71 - Spy Chameleon

I had a hard time completing this game and not because it was difficult. For some reason I just couldn't stay focused on this one game. Whenever I played it I got really bored and didn't complete more than a few levels at a time. The total play time for me was like 6 hours or something, so I could have easily finished it within one or two days, but I never did. So after nearly two years I sat myself down and forced myself to finish this game. And even then it took me a lot more days that it needed to. The game itself and the mechanics of it were interesting. At times, especially the "time trials" of the different levels, the game could be rather challenging because of the tight movement you had to perform. I looked at a few videos for that to get the best route down and even then it took multiple tries to get it done.

So all in all it is an interesting game with cute graphics, but it sadly it couldn't hold my attention for too long. And also, I dislike the lack of a Platinum Trophy design.

1Lba2c35.png

:platinum: #72 - The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

This is another one of the games that I got in one of the PS3 bundles I bought. At first I thought that it required the Move Controller, but I was glad when I found out, that I could use the traditional one. In spite of the occasional glitch, freezes, continuously bonking into every little stone and running into thousands of invisible walls I actually quite enjoyed the game. I know it's made for children, especially ones that are Lord of the Ring fans, but I just love Adventures/RPGs so I actually enjoyed this one too. It allowed me a nice break from Final Fantasy 13 and I'm even thinking about maybe writing a guide for this game. But I think I'd first like to get a capture card or something to be able to use a few screenshots in the guide. We'll see how it goes.

There were a few games over the last nearly two months that I only played for a short amount of time like Doom or Trials Fusion, but I'm planning on going back to these games in the foreseeable future so that these games won't hang around with an E Rank for too long. I know that a lot of the trophies for FIFA 09 are unobtainable due to Server Closure, but I'd still like to at least get the trophies that are available to me. 

Other than that I'm still mainly focusing on Final Fantasy 13. I really want to start FFX, but I don't want start too many time-consuming games at once, so I'd really like to get this one done first. 

The list of games that I already started are sadly filled with a lot of time-consuming games. As a result I can't use too many of these games for the Gaming By Numbers Event, so I have to start a few new games. One of the goals I'd like to accomplish this year is to get and stay under 2000 unearned trophies. I know I'll never get to earn all trophies anyway, but I think that 2000 is a good cut off point. I'm still unsure which games exactly I want to use for the Event, but I'll post a tentative list in the first post. 

Edited by Lojtana

• 2 months later...

So, it's been a hot minute since I last posted any update, but at least I kept my Excel spreadsheet up to date, so after posting this I can update the first post and maybe make it a bit more presentable.

Anyways, over the last two months I managed to complete quite a few games, and thankfully even some of the longer ones. I know that I often aim way too high with what I want to achieve each month, but I'm pretty happy with the overall progress for this year so far. 

I really should pick at least one of the multiple games that only have MP trophies left to sporadically play in between the main games I'm focusing on, so that I can slowly but steadily chip away at them. Otherwise I'l probably never finish them.

Most of the games that I finished since the last update were chosen because of the events that I participated in at the time. In between those games, studying for university and the release of WoW Classic, there was sadly not enough time to play more Playstation games for fun. I'm hoping to correct that in the upcoming months. 

• Blood Knights: 0%100% ?
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: (3/50) 4% → (31/50) 51%
  • Final Fantasy X: 0% → (1/34) 1%
  • Final Fantasy XIII: (16/36) 31% 100% :platinum: 
  • Heavy Rain [PS3]: 0%100% :platinum: 
  • LA Cops: 0% 100% :platinum: 
  • No Man's Sky: (16/28) 55% → (17/28) 56%
  • Oxenfree: 0% 100% :platinum: 
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy: (10/31) 26%100% :platinum: 
  • Thomas Was Alone: 0%100% ?
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld: 0% → (2/33) 2%
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: 0%100% :platinum: 

1L227084.png

:platinum: #73 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

I never played any of the Uncharted games before and while they look good they never particularly interested me to the point where I absolutely had to buy them, so it's through a little accident that I got this game. Last year after reading a forum post about Project Cars and how one of the trophies may become unobtainable I bought a used copy of it off of the internet on a whim. When it arrived a few days later the disc for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy was for some reason included in the case. As I said, a happy little accident.

Anyways, I always felt like the Uncharted games fit into the same category as the Tomb Raider games and that's actually it. The were remains of an ancient civilization, there were bad guys that wanted to exploit everything for money and there was a good old fashioned shoot-out with said bad guys. Since I like most of the Tomb Raider games that I played and I liked the characters and the overall story of The Lost Legacy it was a really enjoyable game for me. I can really recommend it, especially since it wasn't hard to complete at all.

L653ef9.png

#21 - Blood Knights

Blood Knights is one of the games that I got with my PS+ subscription. I never heard of this game before, but saying I didn't have any expectations when I started the game would be wrong. I mean, I can see the preview in the store when I download it and the fact that it was free on PS+ let me believe that the game would be mostly rubbish. I chose it because it fit for the event that I was participating in at the time and since it was in Backlog I would have played it sooner or later. Playing through the game I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say that I absolutely loved the game, but it was enjoyable and didn't feel like a chore to play. So for a short game in between larger ones really not a bad pick.

1Ldbd696.png

:platinum: #74 - Oxenfree

Oxenfree has been in my backlog for a year and a half now. I bought it with some other games that were deemed as "Short And Easy Platinums". While I completed half of these games immediately, Oxenfree belonged to the other half that still needed to be played. I actually started the game a few months ago, but had a bug where it didn't save correctly and was for some reason beyond frustrated with the game and just uninstalled it. 

Now that I played through the game multiple times I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I liked the characters and the story a lot and especially the art style really spoke to me.

I'm really looking forward to the game Afterparty from the same developers. I'm hoping it's as enjoyable as Oxenfree.

1L4080c2.png

:platinum: #75 - LA Cops

I bought this game in a bundle with The Escapists and really don't have too much of an opinion on it. The only thing that really bothered me was the fact that the enemies in the first two levels could one-shot kill you on the highest difficulty, but other that that going through the game was super easy. All in all this game is okay; I didn't hate it, but it also didn't bring me endless joy either.

1L92133e.png

:platinum: #76 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

I have to preface this with two things: 1. I love Phoenix Wright games. 2. I had to hurry up with the platinum to count towards a specific event, so I rushed through some of the cases with a text walkthrough. But, I still have the game with my first save file on my PS4, so I'm definitely going back to it sometime soon to play through it legitimately and to enjoy it. 

I'd really love it if they would bring the Professor Layton games to the Playstation, too. 

1L5afca3.png

:platinum: #77 - Final Fantasy XIII

Finally. After nearly 5 years I finally finished this game. I wish I hadn't postponed playing this game for so long, since the grind wasn't even as bad as I feared it would be. Since I love JRPGs and RPGs in general I knew that I would like this game and I wasn't disappointed. It took a while before I could choose my own party, but since it was part of the story that they were all split up I actually kind of liked it. The story was okay and I'm sure it's a bit more interesting than what I retained, especially since I didn't read any of the lore-heavy letters and stuff in the database. In comparison to the other main Final Fantasy games that I played, I didn't enjoy it quite as much, but I liked it a lot more and was way more interested in it than I am with FF Type-0, so there's that. I still have both sequels to go through, so I'm excited to see how much I will like them.

1L9d68f7.png

:platinum: #78 - Heavy Rain [PS3]

The first thing that always came to mind when thinking about this game were the memes about this weird sex scene; like, who sleeps with a stranger when your son is missing and time to find him is running out? It was a bit weird, just like some other aspects of the game. The whole first part of the game doesn't make any sense to me. Why would the kid run out of the mall in the first place and why wouldn't the just hold his hand after he ran away the first time? I feel like all characters showed some really strange behaviour. I also wasn't a fan of the plot twist in general, but that's just my opinion. Like with Beyond and Detroit before, it was a bit boring to have to play through the game or parts of the game multiple times for the platinum, but it thankfully doesn't take too long. I'm definitely going to play the PS4 version next year.

L2e6801.png

#22 - Thomas Was Alone

I bought this game purely because it was on sale and easy to play through and therefore the perfect fit as the last game for the Gaming By Numbers Event. 

I have to admit that I didn't pay attention to anything that was said during the game, but the snippets that I caught here and there were kinda cute. 

To everyone that likes puzzle platformer this is probably an enjoyable game; to me it was merely a means to an end. 

As I said before, I think that I'm going to sped a bit of time each week with one of the online games that I still need to complete. Other than that I really wish that I could finish either FF Type-0 or Tomb Raider: Underworld until next week to count towards this months Monthly Madness. 

Besides that I need to get a move on with the games I chose for the Bingo Bonanza. I'd at least want to play through every main story to get a Cinco Bingo, but there are still 8 rather long games left. Maybe I have to switch a few of them out. 

Also, depending on the progress, I'd like to give bi-weekly updates on my progress, but at least once a month should be manageable. 

• 8 months later...

As always, when I post anything in this thread, it's been quite a while. This time even longer than before. Due to work and studies I didn't have as much time as before and I kind of forgot to keep this thread updated.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to go through every game that I played, since I dabbled in a few of them, but didn't make an effort to actively finish them.

Some of the things I achieved during this time were finally (and also legitimately) finishing all Battlefield 1 DLCs and finishing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

The Sims 4 was a nice PS+ game, but also just a quick plat, since I already own it for PC and it's much more comfortable to not play on console.

A lot of my time in April was spent playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake. I still have a few things to do, before I get the platinum trophy, but it should happen relatively soon, since this game is my main focus right now.

As I said, this is a bit of a condensed update, since not a lot happened these last few months. Nevertheless I updated my backlog in the first post and I'll hopefully remember to write monthly updates.

Happy trophy hunting everyone! (: