Incredibly long respawn time for Hot Lap glitch?

EdinhoN

Hey there.

I'm currently trying to get the Hot Lap top 10% trophy, however I'm failing miserably to do so.

At the current time, I've trained enough to perform consistent good laps, but I've noticed that the respawn times are ridiculous whenever I perform the glitch, taking 5~7 seconds in a red screen (the timer won't pause).

In some YouTube videos, the respawn is instantaneous. Also, I was leading the race against a 55s friend's ghost. I managed to jump through the fence before him, only to respawn when he was already finished. Results: he got the 55s, I got the 1:00

Today, the currently top time is 56s. Again, I jumped before him, only to get another bad time.

It is quite weird when my best with the glitch is 1:00.1xx and without it is 1:00.5xx

Is anyone facing the same problem? I'm trying to investigate the source of this problem, at the present moment it could be something related to R2 version x R1 version (mine is R2). Also, I'll test on my secondary ps3, which HD is quite empty, just in case. In some weeks, if this persists, I'll even install my PC's SSD in my ps3 just to check.

Thanks in the advance for any feedback.

You’re not the only one.

What you have seen in other players is a replay ghost, so you’ll not see those loading times when off the road, that part is simply skipped on the video.

The worst thing about this game is that loading shit when you are off-track or hit a wall. You spend much more time respawning, or when you press SELECT to reset, even more time spent with the (cringe) explosion animation and reset on track full stopped.

Still wondering what people see in this game that has a better gameplay then LittleBIGPlanet Karting. This issue right here is the worst problem in a Racing game to me. Well, and no sense of speed in this game, unless you use boost, but even so...

4 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

You’re not the only one.

What you have seen in other players is a replay ghost, so you’ll not see those loading times when off the road, that part is simply skipped on the video.

The worst thing about this game is that loading shit when you are off-track or hit a wall. You spend much more time respawning, or when you press SELECT to reset, even more time spent with the (cringe) explosion animation and reset on track full stopped.

Still wondering what people see in this game that has a better gameplay then LittleBIGPlanet Karting. This issue right here is the worst problem in a Racing game to me. Well, and no sense of speed in this game, unless you use boost, but even so...

Well, I enjoyed this game a lot on Vita last year, despite the lack of sense of speed while not boosting, as you pointed out.

But I disagree with that part 

It is not related to whether their ghosts have a long load or not. We can infer they didn't have the same long loading time while racing, because I'm ahead of their ghosts by many seconds as doing the jump, just to be completely trashed by the respawn a moment after.

Take a look at this video:

The player spawns almost immediately. How come? If i had that loading time, I would have finished at 50~52 seconds instead of an useless 60.

I just wonder if the same issues are happening to a big portion of the players, because for some it is clearly not affecting equally. As this trophy is based purely in leaderboard competition, it is something game-breaking.

Well, he’s playing the EU version from the game, so as mine and I found the same problem you pointed. So I’m not sure about what I’m saying now, but it can be where you land your Kart. Just make sure you touch the wall as shown on the video and Land as far as possible. The closer you are from the track, the faster you spawn.

• 3 weeks later...