Not Done Yet?

CousoSixFour

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay so I struggled with this trophy for days before I finally got it. 

I loaded up a new Ashes test series using two controllers. Set the difficulty to Hard or Legend. Note that whichever controller is logged in to your account will be the one that earns trophy.

I always bowled first with Australia on Controller A (the one I'm trying to get the trophy with). 

I used Lyon and Smith as my two bowlers. I repeatedly bowled Topspinners with bounce straight into the batsman's pads.

With controller B, always try to cover all three wickets so as to not get bowled while trying to get LBW'd. Don't play any shots and let the ball hit you or go past.

Now you have 2 shots at this per innings. Challenge the umpire if they say not out and if you think the ball might hit the stumps. If there are any "umpires calls" you get an extra review for that innings.

If I failed with both of my appeals, I would declare the batting innings with controller B. I then would repeat the bowling strategy with Root and Ali. 

This time I'm looking for the umpire to call "out" and to challenge that as a batsman. 

After lots of trial and error I think this is the most effective way to try get this trophy. This way you essentially have 8 reviews per game so it saves you time instead of having to restart every time. I ended up earning this trophy twice, once with my Alt account before I realized that the controller I'm using matters. I have no idea if difficulty makes a difference, but I didn't get it while I was playing on easy and I did in the first game on legend difficulty.

For the record, the umpires in this game are literal gods who never get anything wrong and the ICC should hire them. 

Edited by sgbatsrule
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, sgbatsrule said:

I have no idea if difficulty makes a difference, but I didn't get it while I was playing on easy and I did in the first game on legend difficulty.

Yes it does. I got it naturally when I was playing custom t20 games. I got it first time when changed to Veteran difficulty. I was adjudged LBW and I felt it pitched outside leg so went for the review and got it overturned. Second time I got it overturned was in Legend difficulty when the ball clearly was edged but I was given out.

This was the last trophy that my brother needed to platinum the game. He got 2 decisions overturned in a span of a few overs in the same game on 'Veteran" difficulty of which one of them was a ridiculous decision from the Umpire which was quite surprising.

I think Veteran is the min difficulty to get this trophy and the more you play the better the chances. Me and my brother never played for the trophy but only for the fun.