Rock, Paper, Genocide exploit only giving 33XP?

ihasmudkips

I'm level 40 in TVHM, and i'm doing the glitch in Sanctuary by going behind the dummy target. It seems to work fine but I noticed it's only giving me 33XP per kill, where as others had XP in the hundreds? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.I can't even do Pyro Pete's Bar Room Blitz Tier 3. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem

Edit: I probably just misunderstood it. I'm just gonna have to keep my console on for hours

Edited by ihasmudkips
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 11:08 PM, ihasmudkips said:

I'm level 40 in TVHM, and i'm doing the glitch in Sanctuary by going behind the dummy target. It seems to work fine but I noticed it's only giving me 33XP per kill, where as others had XP in the hundreds? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.I can't even do Pyro Pete's Bar Room Blitz Tier 3. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem

Edit: I probably just misunderstood it. I'm just gonna have to keep my console on for hours

First off, I'm pretty sure they nerfed the XP on that guy because of this exploit.  I'd try googling it, cause I believe this happened way back on PS3 before PS4 was even a thing.  Most of the good XP exploits were patched ages ago, and I'm 99.9% certain this one was too.

With that said, the best way to get XP from that quest is to find someone who is already lvl 50 (or much higher) and in TVHM and have them kill the target with you in the game.  You'll get much more XP at a lower level, though it does taper off as your level gets closer to the host.  This goes for all XP sources in the game, but if the host rubber-bands their controller with an infinity pistol, it won't really matter (though it does take a lot of time).  Power leveling a second character from 0-50 is pretty much the only way to use XP exploits in this game anymore, though technically that's just how the game works and isn't an exploit.  If you can find a level 72 friend who just starter a new game and has this quest unlocked, they'll get you to 50 in no time, otherwise you're in for a little bit of a grind.

One last caveat for this, or any quest, is the level of the quest is set when you accept it, so if someone just left this quest in their log, it won't scale up as they do.  So you really need to start a new game at the level you want the quest to be with the host and then join with your lvl 40 character.

And don't listen to the first reply, this is a forum to help each other and these tactics exist in the game.  Gearbox patched out all the real exploits years ago, so there's no shame in using the leveling system to your advantage.  I wish I had some new tricks for you, but if there are any I missed them as I imported all my lvl 50+ characters from PS3 when I played on PS4, so I haven't spend time grinding this game for anything in years.