Jak II: Renegade Vita Debug Mode Error ("409 COMMON NO MEMORY CARD")

Hello people. :wave:

Has anyone else been using the debug mode on the PS Vita port/version of Jak II: Renegade recently? There is this error that occures to me on none of the other game versions, only this one.

Whenever I'm inside the game and I enter the pause menu, press and hold both the top-left quarter of the rear touch pad (the Vita's sustitute of :l2:) and :r1: ("R" on the Vita) to reveal the hidden debug options, then choose "Select Start" only for it to splash all the main story missions/tasks for a brief second, then it just abruptly backs out and I get an error message which says "409 COMMON NO MEMORY CARD". Pressing :cross: to continue after the fact just brings me back to the main menu but with whatever I had going on when I paused the game still visible in the background. The same experience applies for the debug mode options "Select Pre-Start" and "Select Kiosk-Start" from the pause menu.

Fortunately I'm able to trigger the Act 1, 2 and 3 cutscenes from after pausing but when I want to select a mission I will have to do that from the "Secrets" page, fourth option down on the main menu... That's all.

Edited by RigbySanchez439

I just tried this myself(was googling a solution lol) and getting the same error. Level select seems to wipe out the orbs/metal heads so I'll probably have to suffer through some of the harder missions unless anyone has any tips

• 2 years later...

For what it is worth, after getting the "no memory card" error, I was able to navigate to "secrets" in the menu it drops me into, and from there I can access the level select.

It doesn't unlock trophies for missions you skip over, but could be useful if you just want to move past a bottleneck mission to experience the rest of the story.

• 1 year later...

A good four years have passed since I last played Jak II: Renegade on my Vita with my old account @RigbySanchez439. Just yesterday (as of typing) I started the game again with this account and “409 COMMON NO MEMORY CARD” persists. I can absolutely confirm this is not an exclusive issue, everybody who intends on completing this game on Vita will experience this error.

Edited by Dry