Anyone else having trouble getting trophies to pop?

VStraka

After exploring the entire map pretty Thoreau-ly (sorry), I've still not had either the 20 or 50 mile trophies pop. Also, after boating 20 times, that didn't pop either. Finally, after earning $100, that didn't pop. Everything else has worked fine, including the Naturalist trophy (as I followed the advice of other users and went clockwise around the map).

I'm suspecting none of the trophies pop because they weren't finished within the "first year" of the game. I'm wondering if it's even possible to walk 50 miles in the first year and do anything else. I spent quite a long time the first winter on the ice, and still apparently didn't even rack up enough for 20.

Let me know if anyone else is having trouble with these, and if there are any solutions. I've reinstalled the game data and am starting a fresh game to see what happens.

• Like 1

- 50 miles was a bit of a grind.  Got it middle of 2nd year of Hermit playthrough.  no strategy, just held the left stick and walked around aimlessly while doing other non PS4 stuff...15 minute days...and take advantage of skating lake in Winter, a little more efficient grinding.

- $100 popped at 105ish, cuz I was watching for that one, and did that in 2nd year while going for (failed first try) naturalist, got it after some eggs.

- Boating, I didn't count, but it sure felt like it was many more than 20.

- I did Hermit and Abolutionist on same playthrough.  You can finally go into town at end of year after Hermit pops and finish the last task.  Never had problem with letters on cabin bed.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm now that trophies aren't popping. It's almost as if they've just stopped altogether for this game. After doing maybe 50 trips in the boat, I gave up. After two full years I still hadn't got any distance trophies. And the most obvious, as I was holding more than $100, still no "walden millionaire" trophy. I've tried reinstalling the game, and I'm hoping a combination of a totally new game and the recent update will help fix this issue--but what a grind for glitchy trophies!

• 3 years later...

I have similar problems:

No Walden Millionaire at 105 dollars and the Surveyor trophy did not pop after the last mission. Disappointing, because it’s a really cool game and I would have loved to get the Platinum. But I’m not doing everything again without even knowing that it’s working this time. 

edit: Update because I was stupid enough to do it all again, and at least successfully. And I have a suspicion about what went wrong. So here is what I did: I went back to my Spring save from my first playthrough, where I did Hermit. So I hadn’t been to Concord yet. The Surveyor missions are still available at that point. I did them and the trophy popped just fine. The difference was that in my other playthough, I picked up the first surveyor mission from the post office before I received the letter on the topic from Emerson. The missions worked just fine, but maybe that prevents the trophy from triggering. 

Walden Millionaire also popped between 100 and 102 dollars on the playthough where Surveyor worked. So maybe these two are connected. Maybe the money from the Surveyor missions also didn’t  count for Millionaire in that case. 

I have no proof for any of this, but it’s a good idea to start any side quests only after the appropriate letter. 

Edited by LifeInTheFactory

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the update! It's about time for me to start playing this game again.

Though I'm tempted to pick up the 2 years + save and keep trying to grind boat trips (had done 50 already), cash (had $105), and walking (can't track that one), I'm sure a fresh save will be nice, and I'll keep in mind the advice that you should only start sidequests when prompted by letter.