[Suggestion] Completion Rarity Trophy Percentage

9 hours ago, Jay_Cash said:

Complete and incomplete games would be included in this statistic. He didn't word it correctly, but I get what he is saying. Instead of dividing rarity percentage (for 100% completion of a given game) by your own completion percentage, you'd want to divide the first part by 1 over the second part. So basically Rarity %/(1/Your Completion %). You do this for all games, then divide that number by the number of games you own.

The next step factors in your overall completion percentage. Again, it should be worded so that it's your calculated percentage from the previous step divided by (1/Your overall Completion %).

complete and incomplete games are already included in the rarity stat...your equation is :

rarity % * completion % / #of games played...what does this show that rarity % / # of games wouldn't?...it's kind of banal...

1 hour ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Pretty much so and yes it would be pretty easy if all games were 100% but to figure out the average rarity potential, how do you figure out how to get that number if it would be 99% or less?

why would one want to know 99% potential?...and not 96%?...i really don't understand what number it is you are trying to represent...if you have 50% completion the current average rarity stat will only calculate those 50% of your trophies...if you have 60%, only 60% of your trophies and so on...there is no figuring out to be done...the current stat already covers your completion percentage...it's there by default...so you could create an average by dividing average rarity by number of games owned but what would the purpose be?...you could also divide by number of trophies but it would also be just as abstract...isn't the average rarity stat a better representation of well, average rarity that is already simple enough?...it puts us all on a level playing field...

Edited by ProfBambam55

21 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

complete and incomplete games are already included in the rarity stat...your equation is :

rarity % * completion % / #of games played...what does this show that rarity % / # of games wouldn't?...it's kind of banal...

I way overlooked what he was saying while at the same time made errors in my math. All he's doing is taking the average 100% completion rate of all games played and dividing by the user's average completion rate. And I guess a lower percent is meant to show a combination of completing games and playing games that have a low 100% completion rate. It's still not something that'd make sense to most people I suppose, especially when percentage can still exceed 100% looking at it this way.

Pretty funny that I spent time trying to make sense of what he was saying only to find out that I was just finding a formula that only finds the average 100% completion rate of the games you've played lol. Well, assuming I would have made the last part divided by your overall % instead of 1 over it.

1 hour ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Would it be better if the dividing the completion percentage portion got left out and leave the average completed rarity percentage of games completed on there instead?

I'm so confused...in our stats, average rarity = average completed rarity...as in it only considers trophies we have completed...a rarity stat for 100% complete only games?...just hide all your games that are not 100%...easiest way...take it a step further and hide any games you don't want calculated and voila...your rarity stat is whatever you want it to represent...

side note : to find the 100% rarity of a given game, you need to add up the rarity % of all the trophies in the list and divide by the number of trophies...the stat now shows how many people who earned at least  one trophy / 100% of them...or owners / 100% achievers if you prefer...i think...never double checked the calculations...

honestly, I still have no idea what you're looking for...could try to help if you gave more info...

Edited by ProfBambam55

8 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'm so confused...in our stats, average rarity = average completed rarity...as in it only considers trophies we have completed...a rarity stat for 100% complete only games?...just hide all your games that are not 100%...easiest way...take it a step further and hide any games you don't want calculated and voila...your rarity stat is whatever you want it to represent...

honestly, I still have no idea what you're looking for...could try to help if you gave more info...

The difference between the average rarity in stats and average completed rarity is basically average rarity is all trophies earned and average completed rarity is all games completed to 100%. The second one is what I'm looking for.

Just now, XLordXNightmareX said:

The difference between the average rarity in stats and average completed rarity is basically average rarity is all trophies earned and average completed rarity is all games completed to 100%. The second one is what I'm looking for.

then just hide your non-100% games... 

3 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

I didn't quite know that then. Thanks for your input :)

If you want know know only platinum trophy or 100% rarity, for games without a platinum, add up all the percentages and divide by number of games...as in no bronze, silver, gold would be included...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1