How to earn The Real Story trophy

I thought I would post this tip for The Real Story trophy as the description is certainly vague. Those who know The Orochi Saga probably know the "canonical version" of the story, but I didn't going into this game and was playing on a hunch and then unlocked it with the following combination:

Clear Arcade Mode in 94, 95 and 96 with Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido and Goro Daimon and Arcade Mode in 97 with Kyo Kusanagi, Ioro and Chizuru Kaguru (which is needed for the Three Sacred Weapons trophy anyway). I ended up getting the Three Sacred weapons trophy first and beating 94, 95 and 96 with Kyo's team later down the line, so this is how I know that playing 98 is not required for this particular trophy.

Feel free to correct me if I am incorrect with this information. i hope this info is useful to everyone.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can any one confirm if you can choose an edited team to get to the boss, then choose the trophy specific non-edited team to clear the boss and still get the trophy? Because it's way easier getting to the boss using Kyo and Omega Rugal in KOF95.

Edit: Ok never mind. I just confirmed that it does work. It doesn't matter what team you choose from the beginning as long as you beat the boss with the trophy specific team. That makes things a little easier. The only team we have to really clear it with from the beginning is the Womens team because you cant use a continue.

Edited by leemoore5
  • Like 2