Spring cleaning help!

PaulVillanueva

• 1 year later...

If anyone else is struggling with this trophy like i did, here are my advices. I wasted hours trying to get this on various levels' arena but i always ran out of time. The AI is totally useless here and the timer seems to go down faster - or fill back up slower - when you have both hunters alive. I tried alone, both with Maddog and Irina on their own after having the partner killed, but i could reach the giant only once (on level 5), and that was with Maddog but i ran out of ammo or was killed by the giant, i can't remember, but that's irrelevant. The guide - on playstationtrophies.org, written for the PS3 version - recommends the first level arena - happening before the end of the level -, but i couldn't complete it there either, though i tried only once or twice there. I killed most of my hours trying to do it on levels 5 and 6.
Then, while collecting the leftover archive pieces, i easily managed to complete the arena on level 7. By that time i mastered the control of Irina who is by far much more efficient in mass murdering than Maddog but a bit harder to handle, because she hits with the lightning in a straight line in the direction she's facing, and it's not always clear or apparent where that straight line of lighting will land. The level 7 arena happens while you are in the big elevator platform - that's also at the end of the level -, where nothing spawns off screen and that's the crucial difference from the other levels. There are no obsticles to stand in your way or in your line of sight, it's just a square platform. I camped in the lower left corner, had Maddog on neutralize (close formation), and just kept spamming the lighting in the direction of the spawning enemies. Watch out for Irina's energy, so she doesn't run of it, but that needs to be your only concern. Of course i did it after fully upgrading everything in the store.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 17/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, gercike said:

If anyone else is struggling with this trophy like i did, here are my advices. I wasted hours trying to get this on various levels' arena but i always ran out of time. The AI is totally useless here and the timer seems to go down faster - or fill back up slower - when you have both hunters alive. I tried alone, both with Maddog and Irina on their own after having the partner killed, but i could reach the giant only once (on level 5), and that was with Maddog but i ran out of ammo or was killed by the giant, i can't remember, but that's irrelevant. The guide - on playstationtrophies.org, written for the PS3 version - recommends the first level arena - happening before the end of the level -, but i couldn't complete it there either, though i tried only once or twice there. I killed most of my hours trying to do it on levels 5 and 6.
Then, while collecting the leftover archive pieces, i easily managed to complete the arena on level 7. By that time i mastered the control of Irina who is by far much more efficient in mass murdering than Maddog but a bit harder to handle, because she hits with the lightning in a straight line in the direction she's facing, and it's not always clear or apparent where that straight line of lighting will land. The level 7 arena happens while you are in the big elevator platform - that's also at the end of the level -, where nothing spawns off screen and that's the crucial difference from the other levels. There are no obsticles to stand in your way or in your line of sight, it's just a square platform. I camped in the lower left corner, had Maddog on neutralize (close formation), and just kept spamming the lighting in the direction of the spawning enemies. Watch out for Irina's energy, so she doesn't run of it, but that needs to be your only concern. Of course i did it after fully upgrading everything in the store.

you're my today's winner!!! got it at first try!!!!