Boss nerfs?

Erkawest

I am currently playing Spyro 3 and the game feels really smooth. I have some opinions about minor stuff but overall they did a good job.

I just couldn't stop thinking about the bosses so far.. It seems that they were nerfed in the trilogy, but I could be wrong.

I remember Buzz spinning super close to Spyro and you really had to run for your life to avoid him. In the trilogy he never came even close to me. His PS1 looks were also much scarier lol.

On PS1 Spike was always buffed up and spammed his shots or laser whip attack. In the trilogy he didn't even buff his attacks once in our fight. He just stood there like some cheese burger

The robo-shark boss was a huge disappointment in this game. What happened to the stress you got in PS1 when the shark was trying to tear you apart with its teeth and always putting pressure on you with the short distance.. Or the guy repairing the sub? The shark stayed in the middle the whole fight for me.

Are these things intentional to make the game easier or am I just imagining stuff?

I think it has to do with age,  I played the original very young so I was basically retarded and couldn't beat the bosses very easily.  Now that I am older I can beat all the bosses first try without even thinking.  

The first Spyro in particulars bosses are super easy to the point where not a single one of them even got an attack animation off before killing them, as a kid I remember dieing to them a lot.

Just now, iGGTheEnd said:

I think it has to do with age,  I played the original very young so I was basically retarded and couldn't beat the bosses very easily.  Now that I am older I can beat all the bosses first try without even thinking.  

The first Spyro in particulars bosses are super easy to the point where not a single one of them even got an attack animation off before killing them, as a kid I remember dieing to them a lot.

Yeah I was also thinking about this. But still it feels like the bosses on PS1 were more vicious in this Spyro 3. The third game was the one I played the most.

Look at these videos. Around 9.30 in the original Spyro 1 vid and start of trilogy vid. The new shark is lazy and slow as heck.

• Like 1