Anchor of Fog Resolved

JaceNikki

Hi all,

I want to advise on how to get Anchor of Fog.

Go to Nilfheim

First clear the main area and open all the chests.

Second go to the left and clear the first area with enemies there and open all the chest

No return to the main area and go to the right and clear all enemies and open all the chests

Now go to the next area to the right and clear the area of enemies and open all the chests

After hours of grinding I got 3 Anchors of fog in a row using this method.

So in total you need to clear 4 area's

Main, 1st left, 1st right, 2nd right

• Like 3

My luck was between 30 and 70 for my two vanilla runs and never had a problem with getting anchors.  60 is about half way on the luck bar iirc.  I just do a clockwise run hitting every room after killing the Valkyrie and would get my 3rd on the first run.  First two always came after 2 to 3 runs skipping the Valkyrie.  None would drop after that until I killed the Valkyrie.  Third would drop from one of the two side rooms on the very next run after killing her for me.  While the luck stat may play into the drop rate, I don't think it's all that important.  

I also read on reddit that it may actually be tied to how many myst echos you have collected on that run when you open the second side rooms chest.  Makes sense because they always dropped from the chest in the second side room I hit on the runs I got them in.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

read about it somewhere , if you stuck and couldn't find any of the anchor of fog , close the game and turn off your PS4 then try again by keep going every single right direction , found 4 of them in 1 hour and got my platinum trophy. i was almost desperate and about to delete the game.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:39 AM, GreeceLightning1 said:

I'm at 123 luck and 14 runs through and I never want to do this again. Niflheim sucks.

Yes, Anchor of Fog come from random Golden Chests with increased chance on how far they are from starting location. So best practice would be choosing path and sticking with it till last room. Personally always have had pretty low value on luck (some 20's), and understood that it mainly doesn't relate to loot drops as such, rather than XP/Hacksilver AND chance of activating special effects from Pommels and Enchantments.

Got first two Anchor of Fog's during runs 1-4 and third took additional 14 runs. Gotta love RNG ?

• 11 months later...

I know it's 3 years old, but I've got to say that JaceNikki is right. I had farmed for 3 hours & couldn't get that last Anchor of Fog. I followed the instructions (main, 1st left, 1st right, 2nd right) and when I opened the chests in the 2nd right room after clearing the enemies...I got the Anchor of Fog. I didn't believe it would work but out of desperation I tried and it definetly worked. Thanks.