Just bought the game: Have a couple of questions

DaveMcDamage

Hi everyone, 

Bought the game earlier today for a great price. Been using the vid guide for the collectables as it features no story spoilers other than to make a dupe save on USB at chapter 6.

Anyway. Still confused as to what I can and cannot kill but here where the problems are starting. 

I'm currently on chapter 1 and got to the hospital. Met a crazy lady who thinks she's a vampire and its given me a side quest. I got killed time and time again trying to reach the second part of the side quest and then found a new hideout. Only problem is now the hideout is surrounded by enemies and I cannot get back to the hospital or go anywhere as I get killed so easily. Sadly you don't find out what level you should be at when doing side quests and I will have to start from scratch again to avoid this. Really lazy game development on Dontnod's behalf with this. 

So my first question is, is there a guide/reference material as to what level you should tackle the side quests? Its chapter 1 and I'm level 5, yet the very first side quest the enemies are level 10 and destroy me in seconds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Actually no, there's no guide to understand to what level you should try and complete every side quest. I guess you just kinda understand what to do with experience. At first I had some troubles adjusting to the gameplay and to what I was supposed to do, but at a certain point I started gaining confidence and didn't have any problem. 

Important thing: are you playing the "kill no NPC" route or...? Because your strength changes A LOT accordingly to your choices and the way you play the story.

You can beat the level 10 enemies as a level 5, just don't try to charge in a hack them to death, you have to be careful. The combat is the absolute worst part of the game, though, so I can see why you'd be frustrated.

As far as who you can or can't kill, you can't kill any named NPCs at all for the Not Even Once trophy. You can kill the regular people who attack you on the street and stuff, just nobody that you would have to "mesmerize".