Game stories that blew you away?

Dreakon13

I second Spec Ops: The Line. That game was criminally overlooked. I was so impressed that I actually read the book Significant Zero by Walt Williams, the main writer of the game. The book offers a fascinating insight into the development of the game and the life of a writer in that world.

Life is Strange & Life is Strange: Before the Storm. I loved Life is Strange, but in hindsight I loved Before the Storm even more. For those who don't know, Before the Storm is a prequel. The main protagonist Chloe in this game differs from Life is Strange, where she was the main supporting character. I genuinely feel for this girl and what she has had to endure in life. Difficult to keep in mind that she is not real. I love it when games (or books or movies for that matter) make me care for someone like that.

Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and the DLC. Everything. Still can't explain to anyone what it is about, but I loved it. Which is weird because I must have picked up and stopped playing the original Bioshock three times at least. Only when I started playing Bioshock Infinite did I fall in love and went back to the beginning. Played it all. I will admit that I played it on easy (I never do that), because I was mainly interested in the story. Not so much the powers. I just wanted to fool around with them and discover the origins of the story. I bought the remastered PS4 version to replay the whole saga again some day.

Edited by Sifferino
  • Like 1

Spec Ops The Line gets another vote from me.  I still think about it.  It really just digs at you the player.  By the end you're tired and frustrated and you can just walk away at any point.  But you don't, you keep going.  You keep doing these awful things.

• Like 1