Trophy Thoughts

Clafoutee

Hey y'all,

I've recently discovered this game thanks to the launch trailer (the console one).

So... I guess it's time for trophy thoughts? Some of them are clearly related to the story while other look like some specific tasks have to be done... 

I sure would like to know as well what people think of this game, since it seems kind of interesting. Top-down games worry me a bit though, never quite sure how difficult they are.

Kind of hard to tell how difficult the plat is given the low amount of players logged with the trophy list.

Read a post on GameFAQs saying someone was getting crashes and their save file got corrupted, so that's not very encouraging.

Its fantastic. Creates one of the most unsettling atmospheres I have felt in a horror game in a long time. I have completed the prologue and into the 1st chapter but it already has its claws into me.

It is quite difficult though. The combat is clunky (intentionally, you are meant to feel vulnerable) and you have to scavenge and craft quite a lot which I know puts some people off.

I'm loving it so far though!

1 hour ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Its fantastic. Creates one of the most unsettling atmospheres I have felt in a horror game in a long time. I have completed the prologue and into the 1st chapter but it already has its claws into me.

It is quite difficult though. The combat is clunky (intentionally, you are meant to feel vulnerable) and you have to scavenge and craft quite a lot which I know puts some people off.

I'm loving it so far though!

From what I've seen it of in trailers/videos, it certainly does look like an unsettling atmosphere. It seems a little reminiscent of the older Silent Hill games, which is part of the reason why I found it intriguing.

Any info about what you mean by difficult though? Clunky controls I can potentially deal with, and scavenging/crafting doesn't really bother me much. I guess what kind of worries me is this trend of "randomness needs to shine on you to succeed" in some of the games I've recently played. I think I heard/read there may be some "survive waves of enemies during the night" thing going on, and it would be immensely discouraging if your success is based on a random generation of enemies. For example, if you just managed to get a randomized set of enemies that was nigh-impossible to get through, even with the best equipment available.

From what I saw in videos - Can you only see enemies if you're shining a light towards them? That might be decently problematic depending on how strong enemies are; are enemies like super-strong and can kill you in 1 hit? It kind of looked like there may be some upgrade mechanics involved (getting more HP or w/e), but I'm not sure.