Double Cross NPC Bug Fix

PhantomFear94

This trophy is story-related. However, this specific mission has a nasty potential bug where you can't initiate the mission, or turn it in, as the prompt to speak to the quest giver (Kvasir) is broken (for me it happened both times). It asks you to hold Square but nothing happens. Seems to be happening to a ton of people on Reddit.

If this happens to you, this fix should work.

Method:

1) If the talk prompt fails, go back up the elevator, to the other side of the bridge, then back again.

2) Go down the elevator once more, and it should show 2 speech bubbles when looking from a short distance (Kvasir & Legs), not just 1.

Stay as far away as it will let you whilst still showing the Square prompt, and it SHOULD trigger it (this worked for handing the mission in, but not for starting it.)

If the above didn't work

3) Repeat the above steps so it is showing 2 speech bubbles, save your game, quit to the menu, then quit out of the application

4) Restart application, reload save (it'll put you around 200m away)

5) Go back to Kvasir and it SHOULD let you talk to him. If the elevator is gone, just jump down. For me, it cut the conversation, but still gave me the new objective.

Credit to original source:

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phantomfear9494 said:

This trophy is story-related. However, this specific mission has a nasty potential bug where you can't initiate the mission, or turn it in, as the prompt to speak to the quest giver (Kvasir) is broken (for me it happened both times). It asks you to hold Square but nothing happens. Seems to be happening to a ton of people on Reddit.

If this happens to you, this fix should work.

Method:

1) If the talk prompt fails, go back up the elevator, to the other side of the bridge, then back again.

2) Go down the elevator once more, and it should show 2 speech bubbles when looking from a short distance (Kvasir & Legs), not just 1.

Stay as far away as it will let you whilst still showing the Square prompt, and it SHOULD trigger it (this worked for handing the mission in, but not for starting it.)

If the above didn't work

3) Repeat the above steps so it is showing 2 speech bubbles, save your game, quit to the menu, then quit out of the application

4) Restart application, reload save (it'll put you around 200m away)

5) Go back to Kvasir and it SHOULD let you talk to him. If the elevator is gone, just jump down. For me, it cut the conversation, but still gave me the new objective.

Credit to original source:

I experienced a similar thing, however I figured the speech bubbles were just messed up, talking to Kvasir didn't work but "talking" to Legs did.

From then on I just initiated Kvasir conversations talking (or looking) towards Legs and it works - without restarting, going up and down elevators and such