My Blog

sona_11

Hello everyone 

A long time ago I started a blog to write reviews about the games I played and I love them to be short and simple. I don’t like to be very specific and mention all the details in the game and add all these fancy adjectives and descriptions since I’m really bad at describing ?. So I’ve been wondering if my reviews aren’t that efficient because of these reasons ! 

So if you don’t mind could you read one of my reviews and give me a feedback. Also, I want to know if my reviews make you want to buy/not buy a game. 

My blog: here

Thank you 

Most of the games you reviewed (except for two) I haven't played.  That being said when I read the reviews for the ones I haven't played I was a little lost:

Example:  I read your Tales Of Hearts R review and I was lost when you said the game play for Hearts was like Vesperia (for the record I have only played Zestiria and due to PC issues I was unable to get far in that game).  It would be beneficial to elaborate briefly why Hearts and Vesperia are similar.  Write a sentence or list a couple reasons why they are alike (mainly for people like me who never played those games because it would give us a better understanding).

Also, in the same review, I think it would be great if you could elaborate why the character designs were not appealing to you (although, looking up some of the characters I think I can take a guess).

Example:  I know this was an older review and your writing has grown stronger since then, but I read your Heavy Rain review, and while it was nice in the aspect that it read like a personal blog (I think that's what you are going for), I wanted to see more details.

• What captivated you about Heavy Rain that made you not want to put it down? 
  • What mystery/detective aspect was it that you liked the best?
  • Why was Norman your favorite character?

As a reader pretending I don't know Heavy Rain I want to know why the game was good and a brief synopsis what it was about.

I thought you had some great strong points as time progressed with your writing that I want to point out:

1. I liked the fact that with your Tales Of Hearts R, Digimon Next Order, and My Time At Portia reviews you gave a brief synopsis and/or back story as to what the game is about.  That hooked me in right away.
  2. It was fantastic to see you follow an organized writing template:  Brief synopsis of plot/backstory > Gameplay > Characters >Combat/Final thoughts.  Adding the last paragraph with your personal thoughts on it tied it together and made it more blog-like. 
  3. Going with my previous points I felt that your Kingdom Hearts III review was the best.  I could feel your emotions through the monitor as you described how you felt about particular moments in the game.  I thought that the review showed your thoughts clearly (due to separating the paragraphs with headings such as "Gameplay" and "Soundtrack").  From a visual aspect it is appealing, as well as the My Time At Portia review despite not having the headings at the top of each paragraph.
  4. I liked your personal thoughts in the reviews (generally the last paragraph) when you mentioned whether you disliked or liked the game, how many hours you put into said game, how difficult trophies may be, and the score you gave the game.  
  5. Adding pictures, like in your Collar x Malice review, are fantastic!  It helps break up the text and gives readers something to look at.  As a reader, I got to see what the characters looked like right there without having to pause my reading and look it up in a search engine.

As for general tips:

• I know English is not your first language, but you are very good at it.  Just be sure to proof read what you write before publishing as there are some minor grammatical errors (nothing too serious).
  • If you do take something from a source, don't forget to cite it.  Writers/artists/creators have a conniption about plagiarism - and for good reason.
  • When I was in high school one of my teacher's gave me the best advice for writing:  "Write like your audience is stupid; completely clueless as to what you are writing about."  (While she had said something a little more blunt, this gets the point across.)

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, sona_11 said:

Also, I want to know if my reviews make you want to buy/not buy a game. 

I am interested in Radiata Stories, as well as Collar x Malice.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Most of the games you reviewed (except for two) I haven't played.  That being said when I read the reviews for the ones I haven't played I was a little lost:

Example:  I read your Tales Of Hearts R review and I was lost when you said the game play for Hearts was like Vesperia (for the record I have only played Zestiria and due to PC issues I was unable to get far in that game).  It would be beneficial to elaborate briefly why Hearts and Vesperia are similar.  Write a sentence or list a couple reasons why they are alike (mainly for people like me who never played those games because it would give us a better understanding).

Also, in the same review, I think it would be great if you could elaborate why the character designs were not appealing to you (although, looking up some of the characters I think I can take a guess).

Example:  I know this was an older review and your writing has grown stronger since then, but I read your Heavy Rain review, and while it was nice in the aspect that it read like a personal blog (I think that's what you are going for), I wanted to see more details.

• What captivated you about Heavy Rain that made you not want to put it down? 
  • What mystery/detective aspect was it that you liked the best?
  • Why was Norman your favorite character?

As a reader pretending I don't know Heavy Rain I want to know why the game was good and a brief synopsis what it was about.

I thought you had some great strong points as time progressed with your writing that I want to point out:

1. I liked the fact that with your Tales Of Hearts R, Digimon Next Order, and My Time At Portia reviews you gave a brief synopsis and/or back story as to what the game is about.  That hooked me in right away.
  2. It was fantastic to see you follow an organized writing template:  Brief synopsis of plot/backstory > Gameplay > Characters >Combat/Final thoughts.  Adding the last paragraph with your personal thoughts on it tied it together and made it more blog-like. 
  3. Going with my previous points I felt that your Kingdom Hearts III review was the best.  I could feel your emotions through the monitor as you described how you felt about particular moments in the game.  I thought that the review showed your thoughts clearly (due to separating the paragraphs with headings such as "Gameplay" and "Soundtrack").  From a visual aspect it is appealing, as well as the My Time At Portia review despite not having the headings at the top of each paragraph.
  4. I liked your personal thoughts in the reviews (generally the last paragraph) when you mentioned whether you disliked or liked the game, how many hours you put into said game, how difficult trophies may be, and the score you gave the game.  
  5. Adding pictures, like in your Collar x Malice review, are fantastic!  It helps break up the text and gives readers something to look at.  As a reader, I got to see what the characters looked like right there without having to pause my reading and look it up in a search engine.

As for general tips:

• I know English is not your first language, but you are very good at it.  Just be sure to proof read what you write before publishing as there are some minor grammatical errors (nothing too serious).
  • If you do take something from a source, don't forget to cite it.  Writers/artists/creators have a conniption about plagiarism - and for good reason.
  • When I was in high school one of my teacher's gave me the best advice for writing:  "Write like your audience is stupid; completely clueless as to what you are writing about."  (While she had said something a little more blunt, this gets the point across.)

Hope this helps.

I am interested in Radiata Stories, as well as Collar x Malice.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it will really helps me a lot. I will be more careful when I write the upcoming reviews ✨

• Like 1