Syncing Level Data

I keep trying to access the online multiplayer but the screen gets stuck on "Syncing Level Data" for a period of time between a few seconds to several minutes, but the result is always the same- it fails and I get booted. My internet is good where I live, I tried screwing with the DNS and IP settings on my PS3 and router. I have none of the DLC installed. Any fixes?

Yeah, NAT Type 2. I just tried a previous fix that it wasn't letting me do earlier so I'll see if that works out in the next few minutes

EDIT: Nope. Gonna download the Free-to-Play MP version and see if that works out.

Edited by Stan Lee

• 3 weeks later...

That error usually only happens the first time you try access the U3 mp.

So, if it keeps happening, it's either a problem with your isp/internet, router/modem settings, or the game's profile file is glitched.

Some people get to solve it by using google's dns (8888 and 8844), or just keep trying several times to connect and eventually they get in to the mp.

If you're on wi-fi, try a wired internet connection instead, or vice-versa.

Now, since the Facebook feature was removed form the ps3, it could be that the ps3 freezes and/or just keeps looking for Facebook. Using the "exit/switch to xmb"-trick while it's trying to connect might also work.

Edited by Quaddo1
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 1:05 PM, Quaddo1 said:

That error usually only happens the first time you try access the U3 mp.

So, if it keeps happening, it's either a problem with your isp/internet, router/modem settings, or the game's profile file is glitched.

Some people get to solve it by using google's dns (8888 and 8844), or just keep trying several times to connect and eventually they get in to the mp.

If you're on wi-fi, try a wired internet connection instead, or vice-versa.

Now, since the Facebook feature was removed form the ps3, it could be that the ps3 freezes and/or just keeps looking for Facebook. Using the "exit/switch to xmb"-trick while it's trying to connect might also work.

Holy crap, bought an ethernet cable, hooked it up and it succeeded first try! Sweet! Platinum here I come! Thanks mate!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quaddo1 said:

Np/Nw. :)

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Using wi-fi for online multiplayer generally gives you more lag, so a wired connection is usually preferable anyway.

Internet in Ireland is shite but I live in Dublin so it had always been serviceable until now! Not in a position to have it hooked up all the time but at least now I have an emergency measure should the need arise! Thanks again!

• Like 1