Bethesda talks sequels to Dishonored and Rage

drummerklg

The vice president of PR and Marketing for Bethesda has touched base on possible follow-ups to Dishonored and Rage.

Speaking with IGN, Pete Hines reiterated that the company thinks of Dishonored as a franchise, though made it clear that nothing has been set in stone as of yet. It all comes down to what developer Arkane has in the pipeline.

“In general, we try not to wade into anything as a one-off in the first place,” said Hines, “so yeah, for sure. The success of that game and how proud Arkane is of it and what goes on at any studio when they put out something like that and all the ideas that are coming out, certainly it’s something that we feel is a franchise.”

“It’s specific to Arkane,” Hines explained. “What we do or don’t do on Dishonored has zero effect on Id, Tango, Machine Games. Each one, in some respects, kind of acts in a silo. It doesn’t really matter what those guys are making. ‘What are you good at? What are you going to work on next? What are you going to do next? Okay, that’s what we’re going to do.’ It’s as simple as that.”

Things were a little less clear cut for Rage 2 however, with developer Id currently focused on its next project, whatever that might be.

“To be determined,” said Hines, in response to whether Rage still had a future. “We’ll see. Right now, [id’s] focus is on their current project. They are full bore on that. What I’ve seen of it recently, I’m super happy about it. We want them to stick to that until we’re ready to talk about what that is. But let’s wait until we get there first.”

Would you like a sequel to Rage/Dishonored?

I for one loved Dishonored so much that it is one of my favorite games of all time, if you haven't played it yet, stop whatever you're doing, and go out and get it, right now.  As for Rage, when I played it for a couple of hours, it just felt like a Borderlands clone to me, and I just couldn't get into it.

Edited by drummerklg