hi everyone

I'm stuck at the last coin that i need to achive all skill

i got whole coin except "robin new world mark"

although i reached lv.50 w her but still not earning it :dunno:

i know the tip which says "play ep 11 as many as u can"

I've played it many & many in hard lvl & im rly bored from it

i tried ti lvl up the other characters & it hadnt help any

hope someone coukd gimme a good :(

Hmm, I think the coins are awarded kinda random, so don't know if any tips really work, but you can try to play in Another Log and vary the characters and levels you play a bit.

I was stuck on missing the New Zorro Mark for a long time, but finally got it today. Now I'm just missing the 100 000 kills trophy, don't understand how I haven't got that yet. :/

• 1 month later...

Coins are completely random and it's awful. But I managed to get all of mine eventually by making sure I always picked Luffy's New World skin. I also managed to get 2 new world coins by playing that chapter 16 grinding for 100k KOs. It really is completely luck based but playing online also seemed to help because it felt like maybe friend coins would one day become a new world coin as well (they never did for me but I felt like maybe it was helping).

• 4 weeks later...

This trophy, if you're shooting for Platinum, will be your absolute worst nightmare and will require the most time out of all of them. First off, a couple of coins will be Red Herrings (false leads) and are not required in any skill. A list of all skills in the game, albeit worded differently, can be found in the following link (will require a Google Account):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As64lSvLETdVdHlJV090SWlPT2JHME0zamdYMEQzRWc&pli=1#gid=0

Another thing to remember is that while there will be coins that make finding higher-grade ones easier, there are no sets that will increase the probability of finding new coins. On the subject, the coin drops are completely and utterly random, with some being harder to find that others (the New World Marks, for instance, are harder to find than most other coins), though some coins will drop more often if playing as a specific character, more on that later on.

Now for the actual collection of coins. While there are the standard ways of coin collecting (KOing boss level characters, finding them in red and gold coloured chests in the Main Log), the most important way of coin collecting is by way of combo points (which appear as !). When you pass 50 BEAT, every kill from then on will add one combo point to the counter. If BEAT is reset however, you'll have to rebuild it to 50 to start earning combo points again. Super Attack kills, on the other hand, will add combo points regardless of BEAT, so use them well. Another means of gaining combo points is in the Main Log. In the cutscenes where QTEs occur, each successful button press will add some combo points to the counter. However, getting "Big Success!" on all of them (hitting the button while the timer is still in its first segment), will net a "Flawless!" bonus, adding even more points, so memorize where these occur if you're having trouble.

The ends of boss fights in the Main Log will mostly have a cutscene where Luffy delivers the final Coup de Grace to the boss, where the player is required to mash  :square: and then eventually hit  :circle: to finish the boss off. These will allow the player to earn even more combo points, so keep these chapters in mind. Another thing to remember is in the Musou stages, some territories will not be properly captured unless the Leader has been defeated, with the Base territory (where the stage's boss is fought) taking the longest to capture. If you have time, continue to kill enemies and avoid the Leader where possible to maximize your combo points.

The reason combo points are so important, is that at the end of the level, the more combo points one has, the more extra coins will be awarded. The most coins that can be earned from these are 5, which can be reached with 700 combo points. The last coin will have more chance of being a rarer coin. Some coins may also be earned more easily with specific characters (for example Franky will have an easier time obtaining the Galley-La Company coin, Whitebeard will have an easier time obtaining Marco's Mark, etc), but for the most part, characters and stages do not matter. It may be a worthwhile tactic to match things up if you're struggling though. Playing as Luffy with his New World costume (obtained after beating the game) in the Main Log also seems to have better results in obtaining the Straw Hat Pirates' New World Marks, so keep this in mind if these are the coins you're looking for.

Good places to grind for coins are the Main Log's episodes 11, 15 and 16 and Zoro's Another Log episode 7. Usually, the higher the level number, the rarer the coins will be, starting at episode 8 in the Main Log. Episode 11 is recommended as well, since that's usually a quick way of earning combo points with numerous QTEs. Zoro's Another Log episode 7 is a recommendation due to the NUMEROUS enemies that spawn. However, it is not recommended if a character is under Level 25, since they will likely get chewed up and spat back out since the enemies are so strong. Another thing to note is that the only thing that difficulty will have an impact on will be the grade of the coins, not what they are. So as such, it's fine to grind on easy.

Last and definitely not least: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. The coins will become more difficult to find the less there are you have remaining, so perseverance is a must. Take breaks and shut off your PS3 if need be to take a rest. Just don't give up. You'll get there eventually. The list of coins and the most effective way of finding them (again worded differently) can be found here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641698-one-piece-pirate-warriors/66469491
Though I advise you don't stick too strictly to them. Remember to shake things up if need be.

Best of luck. You'll certainly need it.

• 4 months later...