Claire's Sanctuary DLC - HUGE TIP!

Green thumb (Claire's Sanctuary) trophy tip:

Trophy description: Reach 1500 palaeobotany welfare bonus on a single island

Despite being a gold level trophy, this is surprisingly easy to accomplish, especially if you have access to the sandbox island, Nublar (unlimited funds).

1. Build large power station, large substation, ranger station and greenhouse.

2. Build two 5x5 pens (any fencing will do).

3. Grow conifers, ginkgos and tree ferns in the greenhouse.

4. Build 2 Hammond Creation Labs per pen and gates for access to each pen. You may build more Hammond Creation Labs if you wish.

5. Build 4 tall paleofeeders per pen. I had 4 per pen, but it may be smarter to add more close to the Hammond Creation Lab entrances.

6. Unlike normal feeders, the ranger teams need to be dispatched first to fill each feeder from the start. Once the plants in the greenhouse are grown, add all three to each feeder and send the ranger teams out to fill them all.

7. Add a ton of forest and some water for when you release the sauropods.

8. The dreadnoughtus has the best bang for its buck, but it's DLC and can only fit 3 per pen. Modified, its starting rating (for me) was 381. If you have the DLC, release 6 (3 per pen).

9. If you don't have dreadnoughtus, release 4 modified mamenchisaurus' (starting rating for me was 341), 4 modified brachiosaurus' (starting rating for me was 326), and 8 diplodocus' (starting rating for me was 282). ALL PER PEN. In other words, 8 mamenchisaurus' total, 8 brachiosaurus' total, and 16 diplodocus' total. If you don't have dreadnoughtus, substitute it with 6 (per pen) modified apatosaurus' (starting rating for me was 279).

10. It'll take a while for them to release, but when the last one releases, you'll have between 38 (if using dreadnoughtus) and 44 (if using apatosaurus). Now feel free to go out and grab some lunch or something because it's just a waiting game now. (If you do this last sentence, which was kind of a joke, make sure to turn off storms and other hazards within the sandbox feature first!)

11. To check on your progress, press :square: and then :cross: under Island Rating. Press :cross: again under Dinosaur Rating (which should be at 5 stars by now) and at the bottom, you'll see Paleobotany Bonus.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey, thank you for the guide. Sadly, it's a bit unclear for me and doesn't seem to work.

On 26/06/2019 at 9:56 PM, Pirelli913 said:

8. The dreadnoughtus has the best bang for its buck, but it's DLC and can only fit 3 per pen. Modified, its starting rating (for me) was 381. If you have the DLC, release 6 (3 per pen).

Okay, I did that. Three Dreadnoughtus per pen.

9. If you don't have dreadnoughtus, release 4 modified mamenchisaurus' (starting rating for me was 341), 4 modified brachiosaurus' (starting rating for me was 326), and 8 diplodocus' (starting rating for me was 282). ALL PER PEN. In other words, 8 mamenchisaurus' total, 8 brachiosaurus' total, and 16 diplodocus' total. If you don't have dreadnoughtus, substitute it with 6 (per pen) modified apatosaurus' (starting rating for me was 279).

Here is where my confusion starts. I have the Dreadnoughtus, so I don't have to release any more dinos? That can't be right, six dinos overall are not enough to reach the rating of 1500. As you said substitute I guess I have to release the additional 16 dinos even if I have the Dreadnoughtus. But this leads to another problem. The Dreadnoughtus only accepts a population of 15, while we get 19 per pen.

10. It'll take a while for them to release, but when the last one releases, you'll have between 38 (if using dreadnoughtus) and 44 (if using apatosaurus). Now feel free to go out and grab some lunch or something because it's just a waiting game now.

So this confirms my understanding, but still, 38/2=19  is too much per pen. I'm currently trying to use the Apatosaurus instead, which should work with 44/2=22 as the population limit for that species.

I don't know if this was changed in a patch, but for anyone trying it, ignore the parts with the Dreadnoughtus and just go for the Apatosaurus instead.

8 hours ago, bioxz said:

Here is where my confusion starts. I have the Dreadnoughtus, so I don't have to release any more dinos? That can't be right, six dinos overall are not enough to reach the rating of 1500. As you said substitute I guess I have to release the additional 16 dinos even if I have the Dreadnoughtus. But this leads to another problem. The Dreadnoughtus only accepts a population of 15, while we get 19 per pen.

So this confirms my understanding, but still, 38/2=19  is too much per pen. I'm currently trying to use the Apatosaurus instead, which should work with 44/2=22 as the population limit for that species.

Huh, you appear to be correct on the population count. I'm not sure what I did to accomplish it as I did it six months ago, but thanks for the clarification. ?