Chapter 9 out of order

Helmet_time

I was playing in what I assumed to be logical order and when I entered the Greenlands during chapter 8 the trophy for completing chapter 9 popped. 

I haven’t even been to Finstown yet, though I guess you could get this anytime after it unlocked so 8-9-10 isn’t necessarily the required trophy sequence. 

Has anyone else had this happen?  Looking at the guide it says 9 pops when you enter Greenlands and 8 pops when you enter Finstown. So, I guess this is normal, just strange?

It is strange, that's just how they chose to implement the trophy triggers. Instead of triggering when you complete the last quest in an area, the chapter doesn't "end" until you go to the next town in the Dev chapter order. The same thing can happen if you skip the optional area Neversdale, you don't get the Ch. 1 trophy and the Neversdale trophy unlocks when you enter Kirkwall. Given the difficulty that there was with certain trophies not unlocking at launch, they probably figured that system was the easiest way to ensure they triggered.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2