Rise of the necromancer dlc- Disk version

Hey everyone i hope you can point me in the right direction. So i have the Ultimate evil edition which contains the rise of the necromancer dlc (its a rented copy so i was sure to check it had the dlc and it did) and up until today it has played fine. Ive hit rank 70 and am going through the story as a necromancer as my trophies will show. I booted the game up before and now it is showing the necromancer as a locked class which is only available after purchase.

I have deleted and reinstalled the game, restored licenses, backed up my save and deleted the save of my hard drive, reset my console, checked for game updates (current version installed), checked for system updates (current version installed) all of which haven't changed anything. 

On the installed add ons section the dlc is there but it has a lock symbols next to it. 

Has anyone else experienced this or can point me in the direction of a fix? Thanks 

I see that you are in the UK. Could be wrong, but from what I have seen, only the US version has the Rise of the Necromancer content on the disc itself. The UK version has a download voucher in the case.

*edit*

To expand based on research, the initial version of Diablo 3 released on PS4 was the Ultimate Evil Edition in 2014. This version contains the base game and Reaper of Souls. The Rise of the Necromancer expansion was released later, and initially only as a download. In 2018, a new boxed version if Diablo 3 was released, dubbed The Eternal Collection. This version is the base game, Reaper of Souls, and Rise of the Necromancer. US copies of The Eternal Collection contain all of the content on the disc, while UK copies are identical to the initial Ultimate Evil Edition, but featured a voucher code in the box for the Rise of the Necromancer content. Hope that info helps.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 3

This Ultimate Evil Edition contains both Diablo III and the Reaper of Souls expansion set, together in one definitive volume. 

Thats the game description from boomerangrentals. Ill contact them to see if the have any idea also but thanks for your reply. Worst case scenario is ill have to pick up the dlc but wanna explore all options to save wasting money. Thanks again.

**I see my error. I have rented out the wrong version. My bad, thank you again**

Edited by Nostromo__Neo