Trophy tips

rdhight

Just got platinum. Profit by my experience!

Most of it's easy

For the most part, Borderlands 3 isn't hard, and progressing through the story came easily. Loads of side quests give non-legendary uniques that will help along the way. A second player can come help you if you get stuck. There seem to be lots of people playing multiplayer campaign right now who can fight with you and give you legendaries.

Cosmetics

I had way more than 10 heads and skins when I got the trophy for 10 heads and skins. There's some unwritten rule about what counts — maybe it's only what you pick up as loot?

Eridian slabs

Near the end of the game, you will gain the ability to decipher the red, glowing alien marks, and you will need to revisit everywhere and read all of them. These icons do not gray out when collected like everything else. Instead, when you check one off, there's a tiny, black arch within the icon that will disappear to show it's read. When you've read all of them, if the trophy doesn't pop, go back to Tannis' lab and read the one in there several times. This made it pop for me.

The firing range

You need to hit all 15 targets. A long reload in the middle of the sequence basically guarantees failure, so find a weapon that can shoot in a long, unbroken stream. I was lucky enough to find an Infinity, which is what I used. Could also try a break shotgun that reloads after every shot (and reloads very fast). You can have another player come help you with this; it will not void the trophy.

Slaughter... the STARS!

The Eridian proving grounds are about the same difficulty as the campaign: not much. In the proving grounds, you can retreat or stay back from the enemies as much as you need to. In the slaughter circles, you are locked in and may well not be able to get through with the mishmash of gear you use on a first campaign run. I found the slaughter shaft the easiest, the cistern a little harder and more annoying, and the space one is the toughest fight in the base game. What I learned about Slaughterstar 3000:

• Enemy numbers scale with player numbers. Only play with other people if they can carry their weight. If you are in a group, and your buddies are struggling in Round 1, they are almost certainly going to hurt rather than help. And with 4 players, the amount of pyrotechnics really taxes the PS4. Borderlands 3 has only crashed 3 times for me, and 2 of those were in Slaughterstar 3000 runs with multiple players. I actually finished it solo after failing many times in a group.
  • Bring powerful corrosive weapons. You won't need them early on, but you definitely will later when lots of mechs come at you. Both boss robots are also weak to corrosive. I used a Breath of the Dying, which did some good work.
  • I did not find it necessary to have a shock weapon specifically to strip shields, or a fire weapon specifically for flesh. Because of my build, I actually ended up using cryo for most non-armored enemies.
  • Ammo can be a real problem. You can leave the arena and buy more from the vending machine between rounds, but you'll use more and more each round as it gets harder. I was scavenging frantically at the end of Round 5. Buy lots of SDUs for your main ammo types, and consider skills/items that stretch your supply. This is another reason why it's important to have good corrosive weapons: to save on ammo in rounds 4 and 5 when you need the savings most.
  • The Transformer shield is really good. It makes shock damage heal your shields instead of hurting you. So when the game starts sending several kinds of heavies at once, the shock heavies essentially become strong healers for you.

Finding the last locations

I stayed out of multiplayer until I had the location trophies, but two still acted up for me. The first was Logan's Spar or Spur, which is in the splinterlands and seems to just be very small.borderlands-3-named-locations-the-splint

The other was Jason's Falls, which is on Eden-6 near an Eridian slab. It's also not literally glitched; it's just tiny.

borderlands-3-named-locations-floodmoor-

Good hunting!

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1