Tips on the weekly extreme challenge?

ElevExplorer64

@ElevExplorer64 first of all, marcelchi won't stand being beaten, so even if you get 36"43, do not even try for better

Knowing him, he wont even stand for leaving it with multiple people with his score, however if you really want to risk getting a chance at this, i can give some tips but no video (i could accidently do 'too good' which would be a bad thing)

1. There are 2 places near the start where u have to pull 'up' a platform, instead of doing that as fast as possible, do it slower, try to take the exact time that ur character is actually onto that platform, also try to do it in a single motion without speeding up/slowing down, the effect you will/can see is your character speeding up a little during that pull

2. At the platform with the swinging axe, memorize the lums' spawn, as soon as they do, quickly press at the spot (no need to swipe, simply press) and swipe the platform asap left-right if ur character is BEFORE the platform, there's some timing involved but you should notice you can 'drag' him along a tad before he lands onto it, also IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DID NOT GET THAT FIRST LUM PURPLE which (i suppose) is impossible or is really really pinpoint precision since you cannot 'hold' those lums long enough while you already need to swipe that platform

3. Right after that axe thing, you have a lever to pull, DONT, first tickle the enemy under where the lever kills it (this gives you 2 lums that you need because you didnt get them all under the axe) then pull the lever, it might look hard, but a simple tap on the enemy is enough & immediately pull the lever down because ur character will stand still at the wall otherwise

4. You should have 130 or 131 (or 132 if you had the axe part perfect) after tickling the last enemy, enemy makes 141, bumper makes 151, as you can see its not necessary to do the axe's lums perfect since the last 10 are earned at the spot, but without that tickle before lever, u'd have 129 so u end 1 lum later (bumper makes 149)

However, do realize marcelchi will NOT in any way stop before he reaches 1st place, even now, he could still manage to do better, as a warning: i do know 1 more trick, but im not gonna explain it because i know anyone reading this might think they'd 'steal away' the diamond as 'assurance' but i can assure you that WILL NOT happen if you beat him

Marcelchi probably knows more tricks, i assume he could do at least 36"35, maybe even less, heck he could sub 36" if he knows more

Also, 36"44 should give a diamond cup as well (i think they explicitely put this in, since the game runs at 60fps so 1 frame is +0"01 so being 'inside' that frame should get equal scores) however I ended on a challenge this week as 3/148 or something with +0"01 than 1st, idk if i earned a diamond there since i also did +10km on the other daily which 'should' give me diamond but doesnt give it half of the time, i earned 1 diamond but idk if it was for the daily or the extreme this way

If you end up reading until here, congrats xD you should earn a diamond for that alone

Oh, also also

I forgot to say if you have beaten your score but not 36"43, do NOT LEAVE the challenge, with ur ghost gone, you have literally no chance to know if you're faster or not, making you try endlessly with possibly no improvement

But u probably know that already since without those tricks you wouldnt get faster than 36"51 or whatever so u basically cant beat yourself

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

@ElevExplorer64 

Also, 36"44 should give a diamond cup as well (i think they explicitely put this in, since the game runs at 60fps so 1 frame is +0"01 so being 'inside' that frame should get equal scores) however I ended on a challenge this week as 3/148 or something with +0"01 than 1st, idk if i earned a diamond there since i also did +10km on the other daily which 'should' give me diamond but doesnt give it half of the time, i earned 1 diamond but idk if it was for the daily or the extreme this way

If you end up reading until here, congrats xD you should earn a diamond for that alone

Just to mention that : it's not exactly : a 0"01 difference is a 0"01 difference, so the game will not consider this score as equal (already tested that on this type of challenge, long long time ago, cause I thought i will gain a diamond with this difference but no...).

P.S : I gave up this type of challenge years ago, cause I assume it's the worthless challenge of all available challenge of all versions of rayman (personal point of view), However, for who want to test, it's much more interesting to try to have the slower time on this type of challenge : you will have absolutely no cup at all (even a bronze) but trust me, playing like this is pretty fun and you will discover new technics to avoid these lums ^^''. Be able to reach a more 2 minutes run is a real challenge I must be the only one who reached it for the moment in the history of this challenge :lol:  (only possible, sometimes, on weekly challenges, my PB is 2'07""xx)

@Arkiokin oh my god challenge accepted, i've done up to 3 minutes on ps4 doing that, i should try that on vita as well xD

Although it looks worthless, there's an extreme amount of finesse needed on these challenges, little chip offs so to speak, nonetheless its boring as well xD thats why i dislike them, but i like to 'learn' about them

As for the 0"01, i did earn some diamonds this way, im pretty sure of it, like 5 times even, but it acts a bit like the distance glitch (popup says gold, leaderboards says gold, but you get a diamond)

I actually was kinda 'huh?' on my last one though (gold with 0"01, diamond with +10km) because i actually have no idea now, Delta-pop did the same score as me on that challenge but i haven't looked at his cups so i'll never know, i *think* he earned a gold though so I should have as well (since he's only some 400 points ahead in total, im targetting him since i want to get in the top 10 overall, so i do in fact watch his from time to time) 

I will wait your future PB on the slower version :D

And for the 0"01, well, you are probably right, my feedback on it isn't so important than yours with this tiny difference. I wish you (and even a new player with the same score) will gain one more diamond cup.

this 0"01 is maybe similar to the 10km+ "glitch" like you said, I never thought it should be the same category of weirdness honestly.

Unlike the 0.01m, which is always consider as equal (this was even with that 0.01m that I gained my first daily diamond cup on a distance pit on the early 2015 (in fact, the second diamond cup on this challenge, since there were more than 2400 players at this time on the previous weekly one, and I was ranked 20th) , whereas I should have not  gained one (10th with 9 theoretically diamonds). Also don't know beforehand if a 10km+ will be granted by diamond or not. Seems to me it's not 50/50, but rather 60/40 (yes/no)

@Arkiokin just noticed we, with 3 people, didn't get a diamond this time, makes me wary about the last time I did the same with Delta-pop, i suppose i didn't get it there as well, although I can say with absolute certainty I did earn some before this way, on pit speed twice, land lums twice as well, and on 1 murphy lums, probably more but im 100% sure of those

I was always '2nd' & alone on all 5 of these challenges, but I shouldnt see why it wouldnt work with more people

Seems like the 0"01 doesnt work as I thought it would, this wont stop me tho, i'll definitely try to get more in depth of it

I also dont think the 10km diamonds are vita exclusive, i had something similar happening on the ps3 last year, but I dont really look at my cups there so idk if it glitched, nonetheless i was placed 1 spot lower than i should be, so i'll look into that as well