Racing post Driveclub

TcK421

Hi everybody, don't know if posts like these are common, but I was just wondering what other racing games on PS are good for filling the Driveclub shaped hole in my heart. After doing all the dlc for DC and Bikes as well, I yearn for more but everyone knows Evolution is gone. Anybody got any opinions about Grid (2019), or any other games that would be good replacements? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! 

I’ve played Grid only briefly but I can say it’s nowhere as good as Driveclub. After all these years Driveclub, along with all its expansions, remains my favorite  driving game for PS4 for the gameplay, graphics, contents, fair difficulty. You could try The Crew 2, it’s a nice game even though too much rubber banding AI ruins it. 

• Like 2

Recently started played Driveclub. I’m having a blast with it.

I’ve liked the look of Grid (and Dirt) for years, but haven’t spent an extended time with it.

Post-Driveclub, I’d recommend checking out:

- Burnout Paradise Remastered: Arcade driving thrills in an open world that’s great solo or with friends. (Adored this game on PS3. This’ll be my next stop after Driveclub.)

- Onrush: this game is a little like MotorStorm meets CTF and team deathmatch. It was also made by some ex-Evolution staff members. It’s was well received, though not too popular, I understand.

- Project Cars / Gran Turismo Sport: if you’re after a sim, you could give either of these games a go.

It’s a shame Sony closed Evolution. I would have loved to see a Driveclub sequel, as well as remasters of the first two MotorStorm games.

This generation has really lacked the wide range of racing/driving games that previous generations enjoyed. Stuff like Burnout, Blur, Ridge Racer, Project Gotham Racing, Split Second, Fuel, Driver: San Francisco, Midnight Club, a whole new Wipeout, and more besides.

• Like 1