The Blade Which Sold the Mountain

MMDE

Did you wait until the very end?  This quest was buggy for me too. I died the first time I tried it and waited until the very end to try again and didn't get the sword. I wasn't sure if I missed it because I died or because I waited and had advanced the game too far. I had to play the whole game over again and got it the second time. 

1 hour ago, Tankor_smash said:

Did you wait until the very end?  This quest was buggy for me too. I died the first time I tried it and waited until the very end to try again and didn't get the sword. I wasn't sure if I missed it because I died or because I waited and had advanced the game too far. I had to play the whole game over again and got it the second time. 

This is first time I do the drake quest:

From 11th min... Yeah, it says Rematch from the very first time. :( I know it's the very first time, because I've streamed entire thing, and I've only done the drake two times, and the second time I do it is later in that video.

The in-game checklist of stuff you should do still have that quest on the list too.

But I think I get what it is now. :(:(:(

https://steamcommunity.com/app/785850/discussions/0/3397295779081368525/

- Adjusted post-game quests, "Blue Stone Rematch", "Breakfast at Grunwald's Rematch", and "Mother Drake Rematch". These will be available after completing the game and have an increased drop rate for rare material.

Thanks devs, for making it impossible to get the sword in post-game.

If I'm super lucky I got some backed up PS+ save...

Edited by MMDE

If anyone wonders. You can get all endings in one playthrough. Don't do any affiliated missions first, get the first ending trophy, do some more and once the mission turn "The Covenant", do it and you'll get the second, do the rest, and when you do "The Covenant" again, you'll get the last trophy.

I had no issues with the other trophies, other than The Blade Which Sold the Mountain, which must be done before doing the last mission the first time. In other words, first do the Drake mission, then get the first ending, then the second then the third.

I had no issues with Fall of Moonlight and Citizen Cane, but I'm guessing they might get screwed like The Blade Which Sold the Mountain mission. These are specific long quest lines that end with some difficult boss mission, and you may wanna do them before doing the first ending trophy.

Edited by MMDE

I screwed up the The Blade Which Sold the Mountain mission again... finally I just did the mission as soon as I could, and BAM, I finally got the trophy. Make sure to back up when you get near the quest!!

Last portion before the trophy. This is all I did after reloading my save. :( But it finally worked!