platinum notes

Theladozz

It's pretty hard to find info on this game so I wanna write down some things that might be helpful for others who want to plat this (tho I doubt there would be many here lol) before I forget it.

There are only 2 difficult / time consuming trophies, the rest are easy assuming u know how to play mahjong.

I did the vast majority of things with these two characters: 

Ths82iB.png                     9ytUzxP.png

Oohoshi Awai [大星 淡] and Shibuya Takami [渋谷 尭深] (both from Shiraitodai HS [白糸台高校])

If you are unfamiliar with the anime / manga, Awai's special abilities are:

1. the other players having shitty starting hands.
  2. double riichi on demand basically, but no other yaku in hand.
  3. call concealed kan before the last corner of the wall, and you will get the tsumo on the next draw + the kan dora will boost your points so only having the double riichi is not a problem. 

Takami's ability (which makes her the biggest asset for getting a win with each yaku) is that in south 3 and 4 she will draw all of her first discards until that round. So basically you can completely set up your final hand if you manage to draw out the match to 14 rounds. Something to be wary of while doing this is that some characters' special abilities can overwrite yours, thus your last hand might not be what you had set up beforhand. Some of these charas are:

• sazcFvf.png  Usuzumi Hatsumi [薄墨 初美] when she is in the north seat, she will draw the south and west tiles to herself.
  • ZVuCY09.png  Iwato Kasumi [石戸 霞] after she activates her special power and goes offensive, she will draw almost all of the tiles of one of the suits, so if you were setting up a hand with that suit you are shit out of luck.
  • qUhG8PG.png Matsumi Yuu [松実 宥] probably the same / similar to Kasumi, but I'm not entirely sure her ability overwrites yours (for the other two I'm 100% sure).

Lets start with the easier of the 2 trophies, きちゃいましたー, for which you have to get all cards in the game. This would take ridiculously long, but luckily we can abuse the fact that the game only autosaves the cards you obtained when you return to the menu from the shop. So gather 150-200 coins or however many u want to and keep buying the senbei packages. Whenever you get a new card return to the menu. If you dont get any new cards just quit the game via the psvita menu and try again. 

If you need to farm money for this, the fastest way for me was by playing 通信対局's as Oohoshi Awai and with these rules8FpR8NI.png.

I highlighted the important parts:

1. Hanchan so you get 50 coins / match
  2. Akapai enabled so you can sometimes get lucky with more doras -> more points, eliminating an opponent fatser.
  3. Dobon enabled so you can end the match quickly by eliminating one of the opponents. Awai is great for this (and everything else <3) cause with her special power you dont have to pay attention and still win pretty much every round.
  4. Special powers enabled for obvious resons.
  5. The stat upgrades enabled, though not too important.

Doing this you can get 50 coins / ~5 minutes. I tried playing team matches which give 250 coin per match, but my problem with it was that I couldn't eliminate an opponent before Awai's power runs out and after that I would actually have to pay attention and put in effort to win. 

Now for the hard part 超すばらです which needs you to win a hand with each yaku. Sounds brutally difficult, but ironically by far the biggest blocker is a measly 1 han yaku, chankan [搶槓] but more about that later. You can check your progress with the yaku from the main menu. Most of these are best done playing as Takami with the following rules: tVIpPuu.png

1. 2. 3. So you have time to set up your final hand. Try to always win when you are the dealer, if you aren't the dealer, with these rules the seats only change when someone wins the round so furiten and tenpai are fine.

4. Disable dobon so players can go into minus points without ending the game and you only have to worry about completing your final hand.

5. 6. For obvious reasons.

Nagashi mangan is NOT needed for this trophy.

The list of yaku's needed:

門前清自摸和    tsumo    
立直                   riichi    
一発                   ippatsu    
平和                   pinfu    
一盃口               iipeiko    
海底撈月           haitei raoyue    
河底撈魚           houtei raoyui    
嶺上開花           rinshan kaihou    
搶槓                  chankan    
断幺九               tanyao    
役牌                  yakuhai    
ダブルリーチ    doublie rii    
全帯幺九           chantaiyao    
三色同順           sanshoku doujun    
一気通貫           ittsu    
対々                   toitoi    
三暗刻               sanankou    
三色同刻           sanshoku doukou    
三槓子              sankantsu    
七対子              chiitoitsu    
混老頭              honroutou    
小三元              shousangen    
混一色             honitsu    
純全帯么          junchan taiyao    
二盃口             ryanpeikou    
清一色             chinitsu    
数え役満         kazoe yakuman    
国士無双         kokushi musou    
四暗刻             suuankou    
大三元             daisangen    
小四喜             shousuushi    
大四喜             daisuushi    
字一色             tsuuiisou    
清老頭             chinroutou    
緑一色             ryuuiisou    
九連宝燈         chuuren poutou    
四槓子             suukantsu    
天和                 tenhou    
地和                 chiihou    

The yaku that are worth a mention are:

• 海底撈月        - haitei raoyue    : win on the last draw - this is qPJQQCO.png Amae Koromo [天江 衣] 's specialty. As long as you she draws the last tile and she is in tenpai, she will win off it. I also got this yaku a lot with Awai, when the last corner is close to the dead wall.

• 河底撈魚        - houtei raoyui    : win on the last discard - I don't think any character has a special power for this, but it will happen while going for the other yaku's, just keep an eye for it.

• 嶺上開花        - rinshan kaihou : win on a draw from the dead wall after calling kan. - this is QPCj1c8.png Miyanaga Saki [宮永 咲] 's specialty. She will always start with a concealed kan in hand, so just build your hand until you would be in tenpai after calling kan. Declare the kan and Saki's ability wil activate, drawing you the winning tile. I also got this yaku a lot with Awai, because of all the kan's she is calling while already in tenpai, you're just bound to get it every now and then.

• 搶槓              - chankan            : win on another player's open (!) kan. - Technically this can be done solo, but there are so many factors that tbh it's just not gonna happen.  I was trying to do this solo by playing against 3 Saki's but they always call closed kan's and basically never open so it doesn't work. The best way to do it would be with 4 player coop but unless you live in japan that's not realistic at all. In the end I bought another copy of the game and did it playing alone with two ps vitas but even that way it was very luck dependant.
    I was playing as Takami on both vita's setting up for the final round on both. On my main account I was aiming to set up a win condition with as many waits as possible, while on the side acc I was gathering pairs or 3 of a kinds of the possible winning tiles of the main account. The two ways you can declare open Kan are if you have 3 of a kind, and someone discards the 4th tile, call Pon and not Kan, and then you can call Kan whenever you want to with the one tile still in your hand. The other way is having a pair and calling Pon on a discard, then drawing the 4th tile and call Kan when you so desire. So on the side account focus on getting the possible Kan candidates, and on the main account set up a legal hand. Sadly furiten can't be turned off in the rules, so drawing the winning tile on your main account and discarding it for your other account to call Pon will lock your hand into furiten for that wait. Once you get this out of the way you are basically golden as the other ones are nowhere near as luck based.

• 九連宝燈       - chuuren poutou : 1-1-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-9-9 of the same suit, plus any one more tile from the suit (closed only) - This is hfOmhLi.pngMiyanaga Teru [宮永 照] 's specialty, but I did this with Takami. With Teru after winning 8 times in a row with a tsumo, her 9th hand will be chuuren, but I personally haven't tried it cause winning 8 times in a row with tsumo seems pretty hard, tho I'm sure after Teru starts the streak she is a beast. Mind that this hand is closed only, so you can't steal any tiles for it.

• 天和 , 地和   - tenhou, chihou   : winning starting hand (tenhou for dealer and chihou for non-dealer) - If you've leveled up Takami's special power you can actually do both of these in one match. Restart the game until you will be the dealer in south 3 and draw out the game until you have the 14 tiles set for a legal winning starting hand. In south 3 you can instantly win by tenhou, then deliberately lose the next round so it goes to south 4, where you can instantly win by chihou saving you the trouble of having to set up a winning starting hand twice.

• The rest of them (and these last 2 as well for that matter) are pretty straightforward to set up with Takami, just as an ending note I actually got kokushi musou once with Awai after forgetting to active her ability at the start which was pretty crazy considering I had to try quite a few times to get it with Takami ?. WcNgJGw.jpg
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the tips here. I managed to get most of the yakuman yaku by setting them up with Takami, and a few others with Teru instead.

I am playing on the Plus version, so chankan was relatively easy with the extra challenge they added (with Kajiki Yumi). For me, the blocker seems to be suukantsu instead. I tried using Saki at first, but with her having two kans ready to go most of the time, it's actually pretty hard to get the other two going. Even then, most of the time I find myself getting into a shanpon wait after the third kan, and the few times I got to a tanki wait, the CPUs got the better of me.

Right now I am trying to set up the suukantsu hand by playing on multiplayer with two Takamis by setting up a suuankou hand (as close as possible, at least), while having a second player hold onto the remaining tiles to feed into the kan. This got me pretty close, but unfortunately, a CPU decided to tsumo before I could call my fourth kan.

Edited by Cloud668
  • Like 2

Hey, i got suukantsu with Takami first try, just set up 4x 3 tiles one kind, when u r east won as many hands as possible to get almost ready final hand. Do it on offline kojinsen, set easiest to beat characters for u (i set randomly). Sorry for my english. And thanks for chankan tip, u saved me. 

Edited by IdeponGauczynski
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020. 07. 22. at 3:16 AM, Cloud668 said:

Thanks for the tips here. I managed to get most of the yakuman yaku by setting them up with Takami, and a few others with Teru instead.

I am playing on the Plus version, so chankan was relatively easy with the extra challenge they added (with Kajiki Yumi). For me, the blocker seems to be suukantsu instead. I tried using Saki at first, but with her having two kans ready to go most of the time, it's actually pretty hard to get the other two going. Even then, most of the time I find myself getting into a shanpon wait after the third kan, and the few times I got to a tanki wait, the CPUs got the better of me.

Right now I am trying to set up the suukantsu hand by playing on multiplayer with two Takamis by setting up a suuankou hand (as close as possible, at least), while having a second player hold onto the remaining tiles to feed into the kan. This got me pretty close, but unfortunately, a CPU decided to tsumo before I could call my fourth kan.

Yea that one took some time to get too, but iirc I did it the same way as all the other yakuman's so with Takami trying to set up as much of the yaku as possible for the final rounds by drawing the match out to 14 rounds before north 3. If you level up Takami's special ability you can use her special in both the north 3 and 4 rounds so that gives you 2 chances even if you are unlucky and the CPU wins one. But yes the way you are doing it is you're best bet imo.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Finally got my suukantsu the other day! Apparently I didn't have Takami's skill all the way leveled up, and I finally managed to pull it off after getting her skill maxed out (on south 3 even).

The cards were kind of annoying to grind for, but I managed to farm enough coins with challenge 17 (with Kana) and the multiplayer challenge 10 with Saki and Teru using Awai.

• Like 1