Is the Vita version impossible?

Johnytomm

• 8 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:09 PM, Johnytomm said:

Not a single person has gotten this platinum besides the two blatant cheaters. Looks like it might be impossible?

It's possible, just a gigantic PITA. Developers say this is pure skill. It's not. All levels that have enemies that are not static or that spawn after start have lots of RNG and so are luck dependent. The timings are so small and strict that you just need one of them to not show up in the supposed time or place, or what is more usual, to follow a random different path that is not the one you need to invalidate any possibility of getting them.

To add this you have 2 Vita limitations that make it a LOT worse than on the PS4:

- you have to press several buttons at the same time or almost which isn't feasible for most people on the Vita (partially solvable)

- The fact that the Vita screen resolution is almost half of the PS4, so you can only see a fraction of what you can on the PS4. In many levels I had to memorize the precise location of several enemies and shoot them while they were still not even visible, and this wasn't even for the time trials (not solvable)

When I tried this in April 2019, I was the only one with attempted times in many of the missions, and the only one who had 2 or 3 stars in a few of them that had more people. I guess this has changed, but the number of players of the game is ridiculously low.

It's just frustrating to do the timed missions over and over again and have one of the enemies not be there where you need him as you have no other choice. Then there's the skill required to shoot all enemies with 1 bullet (as they're limited and in many you have just 1 ammo more than necessary) and that placing time warps or making dashes need to be pixel precise in many missions or they don't work.

A pity since the game has decent and original mechanics and even a reasonable story, but to me the RNG and Vita limitations, and not the skill, kill the game. Usual story with 10tons, they can't figure the obvious, but it's a lot easier to just throw junk RNG at players than to build decently thought missions (like Housemarque did with Dead Nation's story mode).

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 2