About the Zone and other basic stuff

djippps

Hi everyone, I have started the game recently and I have realized there is a lot of complete garbage stuff on Youtube about Tetris Effect (in addition to apparently be a serious 10/10 plat' difficulty).

Here are some questions and observations I have made until now. I believe if anyone can answer, correct me or fill the thread with useful info, it would be pretty cool (and also lay some basic info for a future guide, not me because I am a complete noob at this game ?) : 

Observation 1: Warrior Weekend trophy can only be achieved during week-end challenges happening during Saturdays (so it is online dependent). Furthermore, since these challenges give avatars each week-end, it is connected to Avatar Rockstar trophy (get 100 avatars : there is not enough avatars for offline challenges, so we really have to play on Saturdays) 

Observation 2: If you do not know it, learn what a t-spin is (as I said, I am a noob ...).

Question 1: What is the "Zone" ? There is a trophy named "Enter the Zone" (Activate the Zone mechanic). Is it connected to the story mode ?

Question 2 : I have seen in some videos that we can put aside some tetris pieces so that we can insert them later. Is that the zone or sth else ? How can we do that? 

Yes, you have to play on Saturday during the ritual to get the trophy for participating in one as well as to acquire randomly awarded avatars to reach 100 avatars.

T-spins aren't super important for the plat beyond all clear mode which is also where you can get all 100 t-spins for the trophy pretty easily.  However, learning to build for them and use them effectively makes Ultra a lot easier.

The zone is a new mechanic to Tetris that is exclusive to Tetris Effect and only applies to the Journey mode of the game.  Basically you can stop gravity for a short period of time where clearing lines doesn't remove them from the matrix and you gain bonus points for lines cleared in this state.  It is only there for improving your score in Journey mode.

If you have "hold" enabled in options you can hold one tetromino and swap it with whatever your current block is as you see fit.  It is a standard mechanic in modern Tetris.  It is not related to the zone mechanic at all and the default button for it is R1.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 2