Glitched Murphy Challenge at 4095m (2020-03-05 Weekly Extreme)

ChenZheCHN

1 hour ago, AdruA_ said:

As a note to myself: stop filling this forum with ur lengthy comments

Such lengthy comments are actually one of the things I like most about forums. People showing their commitment and dedication and sharing their knowledge. I've been coming back to this thread for the past few days even though I am not even playing this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

Such lengthy comments are actually one of the things I like most about forums. People showing their commitment and dedication and sharing their knowledge. I've been coming back to this thread for the past few days even though I am not even playing this game.

As for sharing knowledge, i'd probably should write some sort of a guide or something, i've been handing out tips here & there about anything that comes to mind, but i can imagine by now its just a mashup of variable tips thrown around through different comments in different forum posts ?

I failed the four pillars at 3960m. Three times. All the same. The princess failed to land on the third pillar. Instead, she fell before it.

What might caused this? I thought I was not pulling down the first pillar soon enough, but that does not seem to be the case. I compared my video and Arkiokin’s, they seem to be visually identical.

Update: I just checked AdruA’s video and found that it seems to be called desactivated. But I don’t see any problem in Arkiokin’s video. The issue happens only in my situation. Does desactivated wind pillars happen for just some player but not the others?

Update 2: I tried to pull down and then quickly up the first pillar as shown in AdruA’s video, but failed. Princess came down directly, without jumping up. I’m still trying different approaches, so any suggestion is welcomed.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

2 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I failed the four pillars at 3960m. Three times. All the same. The princess failed to land on the third pillar. Instead, she fell before it.

What might caused this? I thought I was not pulling down the first pillar soon enough, but that does not seem to be the case. I compared my video and Arkiokin’s, they seem to be visually identical.

Update: I just checked AdruA’s video and found that it seems to be called desactivated. But I don’t see any problem in Arkiokin’s video. The issue happens only in my situation. Does desactivated wind pillars happen for just some player but not the others?

Update 2: I tried to pull down and then quickly up the first pillar as shown in AdruA’s video, but failed. Princess came down directly, without jumping up. I’m still trying different approaches, so any suggestion is welcomed.

You're right for this pillar section : it's one of (among the two main ones in fact) the potential "desactivated" pillars phase. To be honest, it's currently desactivated when I play with rayman (at a rate of something 20%), so I ALWAYS push up the first pillar when the caracter is on top of, to be sure to not encounter this issue, even if it's also very risky for other reasons (too speed on the 4th pillar that lead to a stumble after that, and lead to an unavoidable death, depending on the path after) and you have to choose another safe timing when pulling down the 4th pillar (at the very last moment).

But for a princess I don't know exactly if it could be desactivated or not, and also to avoid confusions in my video, I made the choice to not show this technic to succeed this path (which is finally a more advanced technic, with a straight timing).

In another side, like you said, I suceeded this path at least 5 times for my videos, without using this push up technic, so for me it wasn't a desactivated path with the princess. But if you encounter a problem there, it's probably, like AdruA said, that you don't low down the first pillar at the correct timing or you low down with a tiny "hop". However if you character seems to not stumble on the top of this pillar (not stumble is very important there), you can push up the first pillar, only when the caracter is completely above it and not too late : you will suceed it at 100% with the correct timing : Look my previous 4095 weekly video at the 3 alpha paths, when I push up this pillar (which is each time mandatory on an alpha) you will see the correct timing (for example at 2050m): 

• Like 2

@ChenZheCHN jee that seems extremely problematic... I dont know if its desactivated for princesses, i didnt have it desactivate, so i assume it isnt

If it is, you die at spikes of the 3rd pillar itself even with jumping from the 1st, so if that is what happens, its desactivated

The other guy (Aomizuumi, now 4095,43m) also died at that pillar wind but at the 4th pillar (had 4004m, pillar 3 & 4 are 20m apart from eachother) so it does look like a problematic one

You could try the 'first pillar swing up' method like on alphas, but like Arkiokin says, its about crucial timing, in fact i think the game doesnt even want you to do that

However, since I & Arkiokin seemed to get through it without the alpha method, i would recommend to not try it, do it normal, even if it does desactivate, it doesnt always do that, and I think it isnt worth the risk to try a very hard, precision based, risky & above all 'new' technique for you, since im sure u'll mess up easier with that method than having the 'luck' of it not desactivating

U already done it 3-4 times to 3984m, ur well aware of how it plays, and have about 4,5 more days to play till the challenge ends, so with all that info, i'd recommend to try the normal method

Good luck on it man, i know u can do it, the only question is 'when' ?

• Like 1

On 2020/3/8 at 3:04 AM, AdruA_ said:

@ChenZheCHN jee that seems extremely problematic... I dont know if its desactivated for princesses, i didnt have it desactivate, so i assume it isnt

If it is, you die at spikes of the 3rd pillar itself even with jumping from the 1st, so if that is what happens, its desactivated

Yes, this is probably exactly what happened. She dies at the top-left spike of the 3rd pillar, which looks the same as examples in your video.

On 2020/3/8 at 2:37 AM, Arkiokin said:

But if you encounter a problem there, it's probably, like AdruA said, that you don't low down the first pillar at the correct timing or you low down with a tiny "hop". However if you character seems to not stumble on the top of this pillar (not stumble is very important there)...

I noticed that when the princess lands on the first pillar, her tilt is slightly larger (like a \) than any other first pillars (where she lands like a |). Since I couldn’t see that clearly from both of your videos, so I cannot tell whether this detail is also the same.

On 2020/3/8 at 3:04 AM, AdruA_ said:

Good luck on it man, i know u can do it, the only question is 'when' 1f609.png

After that post, I tried again and again, and failed at the same place for 9 times in total. Never get passed the 3rd pillar. Unfortunately 100% desactivated.

On my 10th run, I tried something else:

1. I have been playing the North American version of this game, while you both probably be playing the European version, because I saw Arkiokin’s game was in French and yours was in German. Wondering if this might be a version-specific bug, I got myself a copy of Japanese version and played this version instead.
  2. This time, I didn’t touch the skulls at 370m. I just realized that I was always touching them to hear the funny sounds, but Arkiokin didn’t touch at all in his video.

And hooray! I passed it at my first try! Not desactivated at all!

Thank you guys again! Finally, I could get the hardest trophy in the game! And that’s all thanks to you!

You’re the best players! Not only good at skill, but also kind at helping others ?

Edited by ChenZheCHN

@ChenZheCHN nice job!

Good thinking on the idea of your version being US, that possibly gives differences in the game (for example US version does have a weird thing in the pit levels, they spawn further left, making some strategies impossible) 

& its dutch, not german xD

I'd never think of versionspecifics being able to change this type of challenge, we dont know if it does, but at least its something that could help out other people in the future ? thanks for sharing that info

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Yes, this is probably exactly what happened. She dies at the top-left spike of the 3rd pillar, which looks the same as examples in your video.

I noticed that when the princess lands on the first pillar, her tilt is slightly larger (like a \) than any other first pillars (where she lands like a |). Since I couldn’t see that clearly from both of your videos, so I cannot tell whether this detail is also the same.

After that post, I tried again and again, and failed at the same place for 9 times in total. Never get passed the 3rd pillar. Unfortunately 100% desactivated.

On my 10th run, I tried something else:

1. I have been playing the North American version of this game, while you both probably be playing the European version, because I saw Arkiokin’s game was in French and yours was in German. Wondering if this might be a version-specific bug, I got myself a copy of Japanese version and played this version instead.
  2. This time, I didn’t touch the skulls at 370m. I just realized that I was always touching them to hear the funny sounds, but Arkiokin didn’t touch at all in his video.

And hooray! I passed it at my first try! Not desactivated at all!

Thank you guys again! Finally, I could get the hardest trophy in the game! And that’s all thanks to you!

You’re the best players! Not only good at skill, but also kind at helping others 1f60a.png

So... Does it mean that this weekly challenge is unachievable on the US version?

Dammit, I can't access another copy before it ends, will need to wait for the next glitch

On 10/03/2020 at 5:28 PM, EdinhoN said:

So... Does it mean that this weekly challenge is unachievable on the US version?

Dammit, I can't access another copy before it ends, will need to wait for the next glitch

We talk about of only one point of this challenge, which is just at the end (around 3950m), and we don't even know if it was really the problem/solution or not. And if it was really the problem, another solution is also possible to eventually succeed it ("alpha" technic) even if it's harder to master. Anyway, if you are far away of this 3950m point, you are not really concerned by that, US version or not ^^'

Btw, congrats ChenZheCHN, it's a very nice accomplishment : you are now (and the new otther players who also reached this point on this challenge) in the Hall of fame of players who managed to reach the 4095m glitched point (not all at 4095.43m with a princess though, sometimes 4095.36 or 4095.24, and even if some other players have a further PB) : 

Antochok44

Arkiokin

Binouze91

Iceman020503

Julian74000

Jabbervoker

marcelchi

dotacore_30

zender777

Adillelgayer

Remco-V64

AdruA_

Nahoaix

Drikko-

Aomizuumi

Nebbicous

ChenZheCHN

tokinonamida

P.S : to be sure on how you landed on top of the 1st pillar, and to be sure it is not a "stumble effect", you can also compare the video just above with a stumble effect at 3450m ;)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

We talk about of only one point of this challenge, which is just at the end (around 3950m), and we don't even know if it was really the problem/solution or not. And if it was really the problem, another solution is also possible to eventually succeed it ("alpha" technic) even if it's harder to master. Anyway, if you are far away of this 3950m point, you are not really concerned by that, US version or not ^^'

Btw, congrats ChenZheCHN, it's a very nice accomplishment : you are now (and the new otther players who also reached this point on this challenge) in the Hall of fame of players who managed to reach the 4095m glitched point (not all at 4095.43m with a princess though, sometimes 4095.36 or 4095.24, and even if some other players have a further PB) : 

Antochok44

Arkiokin

Binouze91

Iceman020503

Julian74000

Jabbervoker

marcelchi

dotacore_30

zender777

Adillelgayer

Remco-V64

AdruA_

Nahoaix

Drikko-

Aomizuumi

Nebbicous

ChenZheCHN

P.S : to be sure on how you landed on top of the 1st pillar, and to be sure it is not a "stumble effect", you can also compare the video just above with a stumble effect at 3450m ;)

I saw that the challenge ends today (in 80 minutes or so), I got tricked by the timer on the painting, which still says 25 hours.

So I'll be contempt with the Gold Cup for this time, hopefully I can get diamond on next one. At least now I already own the game and it's ready with any challenge unlocked

24 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I saw that the challenge ends today (in 80 minutes or so), I got tricked by the timer on the painting, which still says 25 hours.

So I'll be contempt with the Gold Cup for this time, hopefully I can get diamond on next one. At least now I already own the game and it's ready with any challenge unlocked

No, the timer is right, you have 24 hours yet to try this challenge !!

It's the same for all other players who want to reach this famous (easier than usual) "4095" goal!

Keep on playing guys, you have yet a chance. Remember that another glitched challenge (talking about an easy one, below 700m) should only occur in several months, maybe 7 months (maybe in a few days also, even it's not very likely...but who knows)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

No, we cannot say it for sure. There are three reasons:

1. As Arkiokin said, desactivated pillars are still doable by using “Alpha” technique, which is for me way much harder than getting a physical copy of another version.

2. Though it is totally desactivated for me, it does not necessarily be true for you. Nobody knows exactly how desactivated pillars work.

3. Another thing changed in my last run was I didn’t touch the skulls at 370m. I don’t know if that has anything to do with the bug, but it worths trying.

If you check the leaderboard, you will find that another player Nebbicous, whose PSN account is also of United States, got 4095.43m. I don’t know if they are playing the US version of the game, or how they managed to pass the pillars at 3960m, but it shows some possibility at least.

I personally suggest you try to get 3960m first and see if the pillars are desactivated for you by yourself. It’s not that hard, even for a newbie player of Rayman like me :)

5 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Hi Arkiokin. Thanks for the video. I’ve checked your video.

In my situation, the princess has no small hop at all, when she lands on the first pillar. Therefore, to me, it seems more likely to be “desactivated” than “stumbled”.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:00 AM, Nebbicous said:

Can someone link me to a thread or video that explains how to swap to a princess for the Murphy Challenges?  I know I’ve seen it somewhere before but I’m having trouble finding it now.

Thanks!

Hi Nebbicous.

Congratulations on getting the diamond cup!

Are you playing the North American version of the game? Did you have any issue at the four pillars of 3960m like I had?

I do think ChenZheCHNs must have been desactivated, since he did 9 runs until there, therefore succeeded idk... At least 50 pillar winds

I personally think today already is too late to get to it, at least for people still needing to buy it (get awesomeness 7 + learn how murphies work + only 12h left) but for people that already gotten to pillar winds's, its still doable today

As for the alpha method, it needs a good swipe from the first pillar, which is way harder than the normal method, nonetheless its doable

The point which impressed me the most was at the last weekly challenge glitched at 4095m at mid-2018, the hardest one never encountered, where a new player (naohaix) managed to complete this challenge, only looking and applying my video's demonstration: so he succeeded 3 alphas for that, which is more than surprising, but it's also a proof that the push up/swipping method of the first pillar of a pillar winds phase is doable for some motivated (and probably enough skilled) players, even if they are not used with this type of challenge ^^

15 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Hi Nebbicous.

Congratulations on getting the diamond cup!

Are you playing the North American version of the game? Did you have any issue at the four pillars of 3960m like I had?

Hi Everybody!

I am indeed playing the NA Region for this game.  I wish I had more advice to share, but I had no issues at the 3960m mark.  In fact, once I got into a rhythm thanks to Arkiokin's video, I was able to fly from around the 2600m point where I kept getting stuck, all the way to the end at 4095m!  I don't recall using any different techniques for the wind pillars at 3960m than I did for all the previous ones.  Good luck to everyone who still needs this, you have another 7 hours.  Go get it!

P.S.:  I'm not sure if this is significant, but I own the physical cart version and not the digital one.  

Edited by Nebbicous
  • Like 1

@Arkiokin i remember that one, i honestly struggled myself then, i still do, mostly at alpha's, or desactivated ones since i never try to use the alpha method there xD

Can add another name to your list, some other guy did 4095,43m as well, thats 9 diamond cups right there, 4 'Champion!'s tomorrow

That must be the most for a glitched 4095,43m ;)

9 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

@Arkiokin i remember that one, i honestly struggled myself then, i still do, mostly at alpha's, or desactivated ones since i never try to use the alpha method there xD

Can add another name to your list, some other guy did 4095,43m as well, thats 9 diamond cups right there, 4 'Champion!'s tomorrow

That must be the most for a glitched 4095,43m ;)

Yes, 9 diamonds cup on this type of challenge is an absolute record, also with the number of different players who reached this max point (I remember the first time 4 different players reached this goal : it took several years for that (at least for exactly 4095.43m). Congrats to all new players who gained their first diamond cup !!

Anyway, and out of topic, I personnally ALWAYS use the "alpha method" (which is not a correct term, since outside an alpha phase the character will never stumble on the first pillar, when doing correctly) on the 2 potential desactivated phases (during several months, years ago, I didn't use it for the path we had at this 3950m's challenge (but always on the pillars just after the long curve of lums, which was more often desactivated), until I died consecutively there on several challenges : so OK, i decided to never take risks anymore on this point) I'm now used it to do like that, even if it leads sometimes to death after the 4th pillar, with an annoying stumbling (I suppose I die as many time like that than dying on an alpha phase though)

However, on phase 3, beta phase become also, most of time, desactivated (there is a tiny chance this phase is sometimes desactivated in normal play, but it's less than 0.5%, so I don't care before 33km) : it's another problematic point to be considered (all 2 other potential desactivated phases and one or 2 others become also 100% desactivated) especially because if they are not desactivated and you choose to push up too strong the first pillar, the character will also gain too speed and it's death : difficulties to make a correct judgement.

This was my last lesson on this point haha