DLC Gameplay Chest

It says that this chest contains weapons. Does it only unlock weapon that you have never obtained before? Or will it help you level up your weapon to a higher level as well. Fro example AK-47 is given from the start. Will this chest give AK-47 level 2-5 or you will never receive AK-47 ever again?

59 minutes ago, HoongZai said:

It says that this chest contains weapons. Does it only unlock weapon that you have never obtained before? Or will it help you level up your weapon to a higher level as well. Fro example AK-47 is given from the start. Will this chest give AK-47 level 2-5 or you will never receive AK-47 ever again?

You'll only get DLC weapons, boosters, mysticals and gear from the 2500 relic chest for use in multiplayer mode and yes you'll always unlock the ones you haven't obtained before. You don't get upgrades from this chest. On a side note you can, however, use relics to purchase the hero weapons chests to obtain a version of any weapon you have unlocked already, each with 2 mods. The hero weapons are the only weapons that can have 2 mods simultaneously and they cannot be altered and the skins also cannot be changed on these hero weapons. If you want to unlock mods for your guns (these "upgrades" that you speak of that only add things like clip capacity, accuracy, recoil, silencer, etc mods) Then you'll need to earn a set number of downs to unlock each mod for each weapon with each weapon. It's different in survivor mode, however, you unlock guns there by reaching a certain level and to upgrade guns in survival mode, you'll need to defeat the bosses at the end of the stages that drop an upgraded version of every gun you have unlocked up to level 5, if my memory serves me correctly. Hope this information is useful.

1 hour ago, Gamer-Girls-FTW said:

You'll only get DLC weapons, boosters, mysticals and gear from the 2500 relic chest for use in multiplayer mode and yes you'll always unlock the ones you haven't obtained before. You don't get upgrades from this chest. On a side note you can, however, use relics to purchase the hero weapons chests to obtain a version of any weapon you have unlocked already, each with 2 mods. The hero weapons are the only weapons that can have 2 mods simultaneously and they cannot be altered and the skins also cannot be changed on these hero weapons. If you want to unlock mods for your guns (these "upgrades" that you speak of that only add things like clip capacity, accuracy, recoil, silencer, etc mods) Then you'll need to earn a set number of downs to unlock each mod for each weapon with each weapon. It's different in survivor mode, however, you unlock guns there by reaching a certain level and to upgrade guns in survival mode, you'll need to defeat the bosses at the end of the stages that drop an upgraded version of every gun you have unlocked up to level 5, if my memory serves me correctly. Hope this information is useful.

Thank you for your explanation. I'm only focusing on survival so I'm guessing those relics are useless for me then.

2 hours ago, HoongZai said:

Thank you for your explanation. I'm only focusing on survival so I'm guessing those relics are useless for me then.

You're welcome and No it's not useless at all for survival mode. That DLC box still unlocks very helpful items for survival mode. Like being able to hold up to 3 mysticals, (I forget the name of it.) And making heavy weapons cost less. If you plan on doing the hardcore mode of survival, those things will be very helpful.

Hey mate, nah relics aren't useless on survival mode, as you can unlock some DLC boosters and mystics that will make your life easier, especially if you're going to tackle it on crushing mode.

At a minimum, I'd try to unlock Enhanced Radar first (permanently allows you to see enemies on the minimap), and as Gamer-Girls-FTW suggested, Heavy Weapons Expert is also good, especially for bosses. You can definitely get by with the default weapons and mystics though. And, as alluring as it sounds, don't bother trying to get Farmer (increase XP gain) because once you hit level 50, it becomes useless.

As mentioned, the weapons you have unlocked can only be upgraded by defeating bosses, which weapon is upgraded is random, so as a quick tip - the less weapons you have unlocked, the less amount of boss fights are required to level up your desired weapon. Enjoy.