Hi all, another new guy

cpt_und3rp4nts91

Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself; I'm Brad. I'm from the UK but currently living in Thailand (it's not what you think, I moved here for work, honest!)

While the world is shut down I figured I'd rekindle my enjoyment for gaming and in doing so, I've learned something new about myself; trophy hunting is infuriatingly addictive!

I've enjoyed games since playing on my best friend's NES as a kid and have owned each Playstation console throughout the last ~20 years. I spent a fair few years PC gaming but having a PS4 here is more convenient; that and Playstation exclusives are second to none and the PS Store sales are akin to Steam sales.

I can be pretty picky when it comes to games I like, I generally enjoy a good story based single player game (and so multiplayer trophies generally turn me off if I'm considering a Platinum, I'll consider most things however) but I'm open to most games and genres. I've only just started the whole trophy thing (that 'ding' as the Trophy pops is just as moreish as crack) after getting my first Platinum recently: Horizon Zero Dawn. I loved the game and the Platinum was more of an accident than anything after 70 hours of wandering around just gawking at the incredible scenery (and I will 100% it, I promise), but after that I did Assassins Creed 2 and I'm currently going for the Platinum in Heavy Rain. I have a lot of others on my list as well as some games in my back catalogue which I would like to get the Platinum for.

I'm enjoying the forum/website so far, full of resources and I'd like to be able to contribute as well as just use what's here.

Anyway, hi all and thanks in advance for the welcome.

TL;DR My name Brad. I like games.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site. I'm also trying to plat heavy rain and get all of the endings, but it's so hard to get the motivation to do so when you already know what happens. xD

If you like Heavy Rain, I'd suggest trying Until Dawn. It's more of a horror story version of heavy Rain that I really enjoyed. I also heard Detroit Become Human is a good story-driven game as well.

Anyways, if you have any questions about the site, I'd be happy to help!

24 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Welcome to the community!~ You must be eating amazing food in Thailand. 1f60d.png You have some pretty good games, I 100% recommend completing Journey; its a fantastic, breathtaking and relaxing game.

I have been, all the restaurants are closed now so back to cooking for myself but it's still great food! (Great food in general, I'm not weirdly bragging about my cooking skills.)

I played through Journey as a "pallet cleanser" after being very done with AC2 (it's not a bad game, I just wanted it to end) and loved it! I'll happily jump in again and again to get the trophies. It's such a... yeah, everything you said! It looks so good despite having basic graphics and it's so evocative despite having no dialogue and a story that is completely open to interpretation.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome to the site. I'm also trying to plat heavy rain and get all of the endings, but it's so hard to get the motivation to do so when you already know what happens. xD

If you like Heavy Rain, I'd suggest trying Until Dawn. It's more of a horror story version of heavy Rain that I really enjoyed. I also heard Detroit Become Human is a good story-driven game as well.

Anyways, if you have any questions about the site, I'd be happy to help!

Yeah, I know what you mean! I've got all the 'miscellaneous' trophies after my first play through and jumping back to chapters, now just going for the more story based trophies; 4 of which I can get in my next "semi" playthrough. It's good seeing the different endings though, despite knowing the story. I'm also doing it with a DS4 with a right analogue stick that sometimes doesn't register going left... yeah, would not recommend.

You're not the first person to suggest Until Dawn, I'll have a proper look and consideration. I got Detroit Become Human as a bundle with Heavy Rain (the 2 games were cheaper than 1) which will get played through soon enough.

Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1