Some tips for survival.

Hello everybody,

I noticed there are a lot of common tips and strategies, barely anyone talks about here. At least that was my experience with survival. So let me give you some tips, that helped me a lot. It has been some time since I played, but I will try my best.

1. First of all, at this point, you can glitch every single boss in the game in one way or another.

For the pirate boss, you can permanently stun him by firing at him and immediately meeleeing him afterwards, this worked best for me with the grenade launcher. Make sure to use the shield power-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMj0h320oqo

For the heavy gunner boss, you can glitch him, to make him fall through stairs. There are a lot of videos about that on youtube and that still works. What many dont know, this actually works on stage 8 as well.

The most known stage 8 glitch, is to swim around at the bottom of the ship - I have seen it work, but it didn't work for me. What actually worked, is glitching the boss through some small stairs in the middle of the map. The only video of that seems to be taken down, so I can't provide a video at this point. Just glitch him through the small stairs at the middle of the map, next to the bridge and you should find the right one soon.

Be aware that only the host can make him fall through stairs and this will mark the mission as "failed" for every other player than the host.

2. Do not buy all weapons.

Most of the weapons are not that useful on crushing difficulty after several nerfs. Don't buy all weapons in the store, because the weapon that receives an upgrade is decided randomly and the more weapons you have, the less likely you will get the upgrade that you actually need. The best weapon for crushing difficulty is definitely the M14.

3. Watch some videos for strategies and positioning.

Positioning is very important and helps you to line up enemies and prevent being flanked. For the start, I would recommend this playlist. There are some better spots to stay around, but those are already pretty good and will help you a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS5pT7dY-l0&list=PLVpCUbC9OD5OQTPARUCn9Kyy7tCoBMR_J&index=1

4. Socialize.

Now this might be an obvious point, but it really helps. There are a lot of good players still playing the multiplayer, that know every level perfectly. I was lucky to run into a godlike player called "lucianocesar01" and we did every single level in one sitting.

Feel free to ask, if you have any questions

• Like 2

Just some additions from experience, I already made a huge comment about it on the survival trophyguide here on PSNP.

I did it from scratch with 2 other buddies playing every weekend for a few hours.

1. You can glitch every boss with the asgard shield glitch and melee them so they fall through the stairs. See video below for locations.

Stage 8 we tried the boat glitch but we didn't get it to work consistently or it took way too long to make the time.

2. The host must be the one performing the asgard glitch and it's a 50% chance that it counts for the others.

I was the only one of our group of 3 with the asgard shield and still everyone got 3 stars but on stage 6 it took 3 successful attempts before it counted for my buddies. Stage 10 we finished multiple times not making the time and then it was also about 50% chance if they would unlock gatekeeper and a weapon or get a failed screen. Luckily, first time we did it within the time, it counted for everyone!

3. Biggest problem we had, was finding out who's the host but there's multiple ways (see video as well) and the easiest one is this: The reticule of the host will turn red for a split second if that bullet was the bullet that killed the enemy to confirm the kill. For a non-host player it'll stay white.

If the host shoots a sniper, it will stagger the sniper so it won't be able to hit the host as long as the host is hitting the sniper. A non-host player can hit a sniper as much as he wants, but the sniper will still be able to hit back. We used this advantage by letting the host focus on killing the snipers.

Mines and C4 of the host do a lot more damage compared to the ones of the non-hosts. Host mine will (almost) kill a small enemy while non-host mine will mainly stun the enemy and maybe do 20% health.

4. If you have golden coins, spend them on the asgard shield mystical first!

I was the only one of our group with the asgard shield and sometimes the host would change while starting the game. If everyone had the asgard shield, this would not have made us use things like netflix etc to avoid the host switch. It went well for 2-3 months, but when Corona started and more people were working from home, it started switching the host to the other players more often.

Only other way to get the asgard shield would be buying the 2500 purple points DLC chests. You'll never get a thing twice, but the useful things will drop quite late.You get the purple points from the 3 daily challenges, make sure it's set to 'survival only' and most weapon kill related challenges won't take too long on the first level on easy.

5. Doing it without the asgard glitch seemed impossible for us with the non-DLC weapons. They really nerfed the standard weapons.

Maybe it's easier when you have DLC weapons, but if you have the asgard shield and level 5 weapons like the M14, you should be good to go as well.

6. Communication is key!

This would have been impossible if we only used some form of textchat. Maybe if you're getting carried by a pro, that it doesn't matter that much but for us the communication was the most important thing to get through. Also dicuss the strategy before you start a game and evaluate it after each try if it wasn't successful.

7. It usually comes down to finding a spot so the enemies have to come to you from one side through some sort of tunnel instead of rushing you from all different sides. You can't avoid that in siege, so place mines to hold the ones off that come rushing in.

Here is a video showing all locations to use for the asgard shield glitch, pay attention to the spots where he's waiting for the boss to come to him!

This video with host advantages and disadvantages has different things can be used to determine who's the host:

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Just some additions from experience, I already made a huge comment about it on the survival trophyguide here on PSNP.

I did it from scratch with 2 other buddies playing every weekend for a few hours.

1. You can glitch every boss with the asgard shield glitch and melee them so they fall through the stairs. See video below for locations.

Stage 8 we tried the boat glitch but we didn't get it to work consistently or it took way too long to make the time.

2. The host must be the one performing the asgard glitch and it's a 50% chance that it counts for the others.

I was the only one of our group of 3 with the asgard shield and still everyone got 3 stars but on stage 6 it took 3 successful attempts before it counted for my buddies. Stage 10 we finished multiple times not making the time and then it was also about 50% chance if they would unlock gatekeeper and a weapon or get a failed screen. Luckily, first time we did it within the time, it counted for everyone!

3. Biggest problem we had, was finding out who's the host but there's multiple ways (see video as well) and the easiest one is this: The reticule of the host will turn red for a split second if that bullet was the bullet that killed the enemy to confirm the kill. For a non-host player it'll stay white.

Mines and C4 of the host do a lot more damage compared to the ones of the non-hosts. Host mine will (almost) kill a small enemy while non-host mine will mainly stun the enemy and maybe do 20% health.

I was the only one of our group with the asgard shield and sometimes the host would change while starting the game. If everyone had the asgard shield, this would not have made us use things like netflix etc to avoid the host switch. It went well for 2-3 months, but when Corona started and more people were working from home, it started switching the host to the other players more often.

5. Doing it without the asgard glitch seemed impossible for us with the non-DLC weapons. They really nerfed the standard weapons.

Maybe it's easier when you have DLC weapons, but if you have the asgard shield and level 5 weapons like the M14, you should be good to go as well.

6. Communication is key!

This would have been impossible if we only used some form of textchat. Maybe if you're getting carried by a pro, that it doesn't matter that much but for us the communication was the most important thing to get through. Also dicuss the strategy before you start a game and evaluate it after each try if it wasn't successful.

7. It usually comes down to finding a spot so the enemies have to come to you from one side through some sort of tunnel instead of rushing you from all different sides. You can't avoid that in siege, so place mines to hold the ones off that come rushing in.

Here is a video showing all locations to use for the asgard shield glitch, pay attention to the spots where he's waiting for the boss to come to him!

This video with host advantages and disadvantages has different things can be used to determine who's the host:

Nice post. If help required, add me: ravi_singh060989

6 minutes ago, ravi_singh060989 said:

Nice post. If help required, add me: ravi_singh060989

It's best to use the sessions or contact communities of pro's that help others out. On PSN there are a few communities but unfortunately I don't know their exact names. Searching on 'Uncharted 4 survival' should get you in a good direction.

I know I'm not good enough to carry people through this and I was glad to be finally done with this. So no point in adding me for this as I simply lack the skills of those pro's :)

On ‎21‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 0:46 AM, Kolm said:

Only other way to get the asgard shield would be buying the 2500 purple points DLC chests. You'll never get a thing twice, but the useful things will drop quite late.You get the purple points from the 3 daily challenges, make sure it's set to 'survival only' and most weapon kill related challenges won't take too long on the first level on easy.

Is it a bug that I only get 1 daily challenge a day?

17 hours ago, HoongZai said:

Is it a bug that I only get 1 daily challenge a day?

It's not a bug. If you have completed challenges in your list, then you get 1 new daily challenge each day and you can have a maximum of 3 active challenges at a time. In other words: Each day, 1 completed challenge is replaced with a new challenge.

So if you complete all 3 daily challenges today, you'll get 1 new challenge each day for the next 3 days.

It's best to do the daily challenges every 3 days so you can do all 3 at the same time as there's usually some overlap in them. Example: Get 30 kills with weapon X and complete 3 survival stages.

Also: Make sure your challenge preference is set to 'survival only', else you'll also get challenges for the normal multiplayer mode and those can be a pain to get.

Edited by Kolm

There's indeed a glitch to get out of the map on stage 9, it can be useful during most rounds except siege.

Personal experience was that we could manage all waves except siege. Trick was to put mines at spots where enemies drop after swing or sneak up to you and hide on your right.

The try that we managed the time, was also the try where we didn't have to restart the siege wave.

Edited by Kolm

11 hours ago, Strelok_CH said:

2 Years and i can't do this 2 remaining trophies, u know people can help me?. 

Sorry, I don't... We just figured everything out with us 3. Best guess would be searching the communities on PlayStation Network for Uncharted 4 surival. I know there's a few that help others out, but I don't know the exact names or which one is best.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Xetnevs This video explains the out of map glitch better but we didn't use it in the end. It took too long to get up there and if you run out of ammo you'll have to redo it or use a certain mystical (forgot name, it's in video I think). Our main problem was also the siege round and you can't use that glitch during the siege round. In the end it was putting mines in all spots where enemies like to hide or land after jumping the gap was key to make the siege round.

For the other rounds, we stood where shorty is standing in his video that's attached to the PSNP guide. Pulling back to the right if things get too hot.

Stage 9:

Full playlist:

Edited by Kolm