Any good?

MMDE

This is yet another one of those cheap completely run off the mill tower defense games this one company has pushed onto the PSN store for both PS4 and Vita. The PS4 version of this game is problematic to say the very least. The guide I found said it was a 1-2/10 or something, barely explained the trophies. That might be fine for the Vita version, but I played the PS4 version. Likely the exact same game, but I tried to read up on their BigFish forums, and it seems there are different difficulties you can set the game to or something. Vita version might have been set to easy, but the PS4 version was definitely set to difficult or something. Game might only have 20 levels, but that just makes it even harder due to limited in-game currency. Again, try to replay old levels, sometimes they reward 100 of the in-game currency (max 400 in the game otherwise).

So what was so difficult? There are so many ships and I think they can take more damage. Furthermore, some of the towers can make enemies go invisible and then hit your base without you being able to do anything about it. I didn't notice this much, but it limited what kind of towers I could use, didn't want to risk it. The blue machine guns are super important, get them to 4 star. Also get a lot of coins from killing enemies. You probably need to invest like 4*3 coins into the cross bow (but this one is glitched when fully upgraded). Upgrade the coin towers a bit too (very important actually, but machine gun and coins per kill is more important), some to the red attack tower is good too, but don't spend too much. You will need it all for the last level. I swear, the rarity for the 3 stars on every level must be due to people actually buying micro transactions. I didn't, and it was such a close call after many many attempts. Like 3 of the levels were pretty difficult.

On top of that you need to beat 10 levels in a row without dying, and it has to be levels you haven't beat before... Yes, this is a trophy that may require you to delete your save, and you likely will, as the 9th and especially 10th level will be a serious struggle if you haven't maxed out on every level so far and played the levels before. You also need to play through the first 5 levels without upgrading anything, and it only counts the first time you do it (may have to delete save if you screw up), same goes for beating 3 levels in a row without letting anything hit your base (3 x 3 stars in a row) and this has to be levels you haven't played before. Pretty much, you have to restart the game...

The real struggle is getting 3 stars on level 20, 13 and 12 or something. You may purchase in-game currency, but it's possible without, as I did it.

If you wonder what the game is like or need any help, I 100% the game in the below playlist. I delete my save after first video xD 

• 4 months later...

@MMDE Thank you very much for the tips. I’m going to go back to this and have another go. I really liked these on the Vita so I grabbed the PS4 versions. That was a mistake as they are so much harder. I’ve done many of them in the NA region, but tried this one from EU and found it virtually impossible. I did ask a few people that did it if they used MTs but never really got a firm answer. I would just buy the coins, but since the account is an alt and I’m playing on my NA main, that isn’t an option either.

Your post that it can be done gives me hope, along with the recommended tower upgrades ?

20 hours ago, diskdocx said:

@MMDE Thank you very much for the tips. I’m going to go back to this and have another go. I really liked these on the Vita so I grabbed the PS4 versions. That was a mistake as they are so much harder. I’ve done many of them in the NA region, but tried this one from EU and found it virtually impossible. I did ask a few people that did it if they used MTs but never really got a firm answer. I would just buy the coins, but since the account is an alt and I’m playing on my NA main, that isn’t an option either.

Your post that it can be done gives me hope, along with the recommended tower upgrades 1f44d.png

I think I understood the extra 100 currency. It's to replay a "world" (not level, but a set of levels) after completing it, but I think this one may only have one "world". I can't remember if this one gives you different amount of currency if you 3 star on second attempt or not. Like some have 20 for 3 stars, 10 for 2 stars and 5 for 1 stars, then on second attempt if you got less than 3 stars and you get 3 stars, you only get 5 or 10 currency, AKA you lose 5 currency, but not apply to this one if I didn't mention it.

This one was one of the most difficult of these tower defense games IMO.