Tips on "Overwhelming Strength is... Pretty Boring"

Just platinum this game and since no guide to be found yet, I will share some tips that maybe can help you guys.

First of all, I would like to thank you @ninjagirl657 since this is an updated version of her post in the forum. What I did is only elaborate in detail and found out better mission to do that give better experience to reach max level 99 faster.

Overview

1. Finish your story and do clean up on any other trophy (other than reach S Rank and reach Max Level, this 2 trophy should be the last trophy you get after everything else has been done)

2. This is personal opinion and might be differ for each person play style, but while doing this my character build is:

Battle type : Power

Killer Move : Angel Rush

Killer Move : Suplex (Sorry forget the long name, its skill from the tank top master)

Skill: Killer Move ++ (Buy from skill shop in shopping Area)

Ample Experience (Buy from Appraisal shop near Abandon area using town chips)

Abundant Experience (Buy from Appraisal shop near Abandon area using town chips)

HP : 26; Power : 30; Killer Move : 30 (30 is the maximum stats you can reach)

I would recommend try to max Killer Move first maybe like (HP : 15 , Power : 15, Killer Move : 30) in mid game while finishing the story and clean up.

But it doesn't matter anyway because you can reset your stats by using secret store coupon in the secret store.

3. Try to reach S Rank first, which mean you should finish missions in HQ, try to clear from the lowest difficulty 1 until the highest difficulty 6 missions. Do this until you reach Hero Rank S.

4. After you reach S Rank, the difficulty 7 in the HQ will be available and try to do one mission called "Intercept the Massive, Malevolent Threat 4" (in my game this mission is on the bottom of difficulty 7 mission in HQ).

This mission is quite easy (still depend on your skill and stats), there is only one enemy if you can kill him before the second enemy arrived. Actually this is like the other version of the 6 difficulty mission in branch mentioned by ninjagirl657 called "Fighting off monsters from the sky" where there is only one enemy if you can kill it before the second enemy arrived.

The experience I get from this mission is 20,700 if you get S score, and 15,700 if you get A score (with the setup I mentioned above). If you manage to get S score, it should be around 2 mission per level (level 80 to 99 in around 38 times replaying mission assuming you always get S score)

If you manage to have extra town chips you can buy item boost in appraisal shop to boost experience you get which could help minimize the time to reach max level.

Hope this helps, Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers.

Edited by dRoxas88
  • Like 1

Glad you found an updated version for it, I just can't test the level as I'm already level 99. I've re submitted the guide yesterday, as the team only looked at it on Friday. I did add the advise that you can be a different type, so long as you break the guard and there is other levels to grind. Simple reason would be that most people won't have those stats starting off and if they are already rank A, they may not be a high enough level, as they won't have those stats until level 70. But it's nice to see a different way of doing the grind. How long did it take you to grind and what level where you? and what was your starting stats?. How many seconds per a fight? I will look at it another day and add it to the guide with credit.

I know all types have a move that breaks the guard, so I appreciate the credit and it help you to grind a better level. My setup was health 20, attack 18 then 22, killer move 18 & then 25, technique 5 & appeal 4 and pretty much stayed at those stats through the whole grind, I was only A rank and left the S rank until after I reached 99. Such an super easy fighting game, I didn't need to raise my stats much and it only took me 3 hrs to get from level 46-99. Be nice to know a bit more on what you did and then I can add it to the guide once I've tested it. I only had to fight him 2-3 times a level after level 80, so you did it in less fights then me. lol.

5 minutes ago, ninjagirl657 said:

Glad you found an updated version for it, I just can't test the level as I'm already level 99. I've re submitted the guide yesterday, as the team only looked at it on Friday. I did add the advise that you can be a different type, so long as you break the guard and there is other levels to grind. Simple reason would be that most people won't have those stats starting off and if they are already rank A, they may not be a high enough level, as they won't have those stats until level 70. But it's nice to see a different way of doing the grind. How long did it take you to grind and what level where you? and what was your starting stats?. How many seconds per a fight? I will look at it another day and add it to the guide with credit.

I know all types have a move that breaks the guard, so I appreciate the credit and it help you to grind a better level. My setup was health 20, attack 18 then 22, killer move 18 & then 25, technique 5 & appeal 4 and pretty much stayed at those stats through the whole grind, I was only A rank and left the S rank until after I reached 99. Such an super easy fighting game, I didn't need to raise my stats much and it only took me 3 hrs to get from level 46-99. Be nice to know a bit more on what you did and then I can add it to the guide once I've tested it. I only had to fight him 2-3 times a level after level 80, so you did it in less fights then me. lol.

I tried to do your method first, using the same stats like you mentioned. For getting S Score I get 11K exp while the fight is easy (took around 8s - 15s), there are screen before battle, loading after mission and choosing the mission again which is takes time more than the battle itself. 

So I reset my stats max my killer move (hoping my killer move will kill in 1 hit, sadly not), and try to reach S Rank Hero first. Accidentally I find quite the same mission type with double exp so maybe in same loading time (the before battle, after battle and choosing mission time) we could get double exp although the battle itself maybe took slightly a bit longer (15s - 20s average).

I did my method starting around level 64 (after trying your method first then continue to S Rank my hero first)

Just put my method as an alternate way, so people can choose their preferred method until someone else find a way faster than both of these methods.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LilJayR4- said:

thank you for this method, i agree its the fastest method. Alternative you can use dRoxas set. (ie: Standard type, and use Fang Interpolation)

Which method did you use? I'm curious if you used the level 6 or droxas power type on the level 7 difficulty. If I had a bit more details which is fastest, I will add it to the guide. If it's faster then my grind, I will add it to the guide as an alternative.

i used the level 6 standard type. cuz i was getting 21k in 5 seconds. made a video corresponding to the one you had posted. the weird thing was the level 6 mission wasnt there for me.

sorry my english isnt very good. but if you want a look for yourself here: 

13 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

Which method did you use? I'm curious if you used the level 6 or droxas power type on the level 7 difficulty. If I had a bit more details which is fastest, I will add it to the guide. If it's faster then my grind, I will add it to the guide as an alternative.

This is great. I have game coming this weekend and I plan to play to religiously till its platted. This will surely help. Thank you.

Also dont know if this need to be added, not sure if going to apprailal to buy Xp boost is worth cuz your running back and forth and hoping for RNG "colored tokens". so i just bought Max boost to get 9 from start cuz in my experience the beginning of the battle at 2 was a lil tricky. and you have all that money so why not buy as much as you can. so if someone was to go to this game fresh with the guide (skipping cutscenes if he watch the anime or dont care about filler) plat can be done in roughly 6-10hrs

Missions to powerlevel to 35-40ish
then at 40 reach A rank and beat game doing character things etc. you be at a level to do the "method"

Early game the 1 star mission with puri puri prisoner
helps getting early levels and fastest to level 5 for battle type (2k~ Xp)

Edited by LilJayR4-

I see what you did, you went to the hero association HQ and not the branch office, which is where the mission fighting off monsters from the skies is. Trust me its worth getting the skills, I see you used a boost item, which is partly why you got it faster and awarded the 20,000 points. The level you are grinding has 10,000 experience points and the boost item just adds the move gauge to 6-9, which is why you did it in 4.2 seconds. You beat my quickest time by 1.5 seconds. lol

The orange town chips you can get from the mission I mentioned, I know there is loads of missions you can get it from, just by checking the awards. The coloured town tokens are not RNG, as you get them as awards during the hero association and branch office higher end missions. Nice to see there is another level, but it looks like the end game level. I've been thinking of changing the hours down to 20-25 hours, I realised I did it in less time then what is up on the guide.

should of made it a 1 star difficulty platinum, as the game is that super easy, anyone can get the plat. I watch the anime and I don't skip the cut scene's, as I like watching the story in the game. But if I did skip cutsecenes, did the level after completing the game, it would of cut my time down a lot.

Thanks for that info, I will look at updating the guide with the alternative level to grind with. I will also include the information about the town chips, on the extra info side of the guide. Your English is fine, love hearing the Japanese original, big anime fan and Otaku. Kamen rider is my favourite series, so it's time to Henshin and re-write the guide.

16 hours ago, LilJayR4- said:

Also dont know if this need to be added, not sure if going to apprailal to buy Xp boost is worth cuz your running back and forth and hoping for RNG "colored tokens". so i just bought Max boost to get 9 from start cuz in my experience the beginning of the battle at 2 was a lil tricky. and you have all that money so why not buy as much as you can. so if someone was to go to this game fresh with the guide (skipping cutscenes if he watch the anime or dont care about filler) plat can be done in roughly 6-10hrs

Missions to powerlevel to 35-40ish
then at 40 reach A rank and beat game doing character things etc. you be at a level to do the "method"

Early game the 1 star mission with puri puri prisoner
helps getting early levels and fastest to level 5 for battle type (2k~ Xp)

Guide has been updated with your method, as an alternative level to grind and the fan letter boost item. I have also included credit for the tip on the guide. Done a test today and have added it to the guide Thanks for the tip.