Not on my watch

Berny18

yea idk. i use the dpad to try to pick people off and they are always safe. might just have to get lucky with a guy who has the "bad jumps" or "stealer" designations. Not sure though. The other guy on the forum who has 70% of trophies is probably more knowledgable.

In this game pickoffs are not the "traditional" pickoff.  I read somewhere before launch that you can not throw over to a base and get someone out returning to the bag.  This may be because you can not manually change your lead-off (take larger lead off)  like you can in The Show.  To get a pickoff you have to throw over to the base the same time the runner attempts a steal.  Once you get the runner caught in a rundown and tag him/her out you get the trophy.  It's a very luck based trophy. I had bad luck as my players missed the tag the first two times I got someone caught in a rundown.

When I decided to go for this trophy it took me 2-3 hours (would have been quicker if my players wouldn't keep missing tags!).  I tried changing the ego levels to see if it would make the AI attempt more steals but I did not notice a difference.  The AI very rarely attempted steals but the one player who I got to attempt a steal many times in those 2-3 hours was Dolf Steak from the Sand Cats. 

I would intentionally walk him then go to a full count on the next batter, giving him plenty of opportunities to steal.  I would throw over between most pitches but not all.  Once you throw over twice in a row your mojo goes down which affects your ability.  Once you make a regular pitch it goes back to normal.  There were times when he would run on the one time out of five I didn't throw over and it was frustrating, but if you keep at it you will get it eventually.  The Sand Cats are a speed team, so while it didn't work for me, I would intentionally walk every batter with speed and hope they would run.  That way the game didn't become a snooze fest waiting for Mr. Steak to come up to bat.  Hopefully that helps!

Edited by AZDMB
  • Like 2

thanks for the reply. since you seem very knowledable about the game, I have one question you may know.

This one part of the game for me is infuriating and I don't know how to fix it really. Before I say this, I actually love the game and its the most fun I've had with a baseball game in forever. So, how in the hell do you stop runners from never understanding the basics of tagging up. The AI will almost always run all the way to the next base and then have to retreat. I understand I can manually select them and run them back and then run them forward. But is there any other way to fix this in the settings or manually changing their tactics?

I guess I could press R2 to send them back and then L2 to advance, but its annoying to have to do this on like every single pop up deep.

• Like 1