Distributing Stats

Just wondering how you are distributing your stats and what to focus on for each character

Ive been doing a quite a balance approach but i dont think thats efficient.

I'm thinking redistributing stats to suit each character, but been hearing some people mainly focusing on WIS or AGI and not much of the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Ara Fell is a really simple RPG.

Most fights aren't meant to last more than 2 to 3 turns. Even boss fights are designed to last, at worst, 7 to 8 turns.

AGI and WIS widens the range of performance your characters can do by a lot.

PWR and DEF raises the floor and ceiling of performance your characters can do.

So if we were to use generic terms:

If your Power Level at its lowest is 100 and at its highest is 1000, increasing your AGI and WIS will increase your Power Level at its highest to 3000.

You're looking at a range of 100 - 1000 to 100 - 3000.

If you wanted to raise the floor and ceiling, increasing your PWR and DEF will increase your lowest power and highest power at a fixed rate.

So you have... a range of 100 - 3000 that is now 300 - 3300.

Because the game isn't meant to have you stay in a fight for more than 2 to 3 turns, PWR and DEF are secondary to AGI and WIS because AGI and WIS will end fights faster. Rarely will you ever sit in a normal fight trading blows and if you are, you are so over leveled that the danger of you dying is pretty much zero. The only time where PWR and DEF will come into play are boss fights, but even that is kind of a moot point because of the Class Selection system depending on what you pick.

The only time I considered increasing DEF was when bosses were taking out Lita and Seri Kesu in 1 hit and that didn't happen (on Expert) until the end of Chapter 3 and Lita was still hanging out with only 30 DEF.

Unless you picked only Offensive Classes and no Supportive Classes, I would say that PWR and DEF are not stats you should worry about unless an enemy is straight up taking out a character in 1 hit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...