Trophy Re-Pops

Hi, guys! I recently deleted all of my saves, trophies, and other system information off of my PS3 in an effort to free up enough space to install a game, but since my PS3 is the little Slim version, I was unsuccessful. Anyway, I have started a new game in Dante's Inferno and I've noticed that trophies which are already registered as obtained here on PSNProfiles are popping again since they were deleted before. However, the timestamp remains the same as when it was previously earned, so it looks like they're just popping for my PS3 rather than this site. I'd like to make sure this is okay before I pop more of them because I don't want anything to register weird and make me look like a cheater. Being a cheater is the last thing I want to do, as I've said before.

The same thing would happen if you swapped HDDs or changed your profile over to a new console. As long as the game was synced before you did anything, any repeat trophy-popping is strictly local and will revert back to the original once you resync your profile. This will happen for every game as you replay them from the time you first start replaying the game until you sync the profile. It's a nice motivation trick to use for people that can't play a game w/o trophies popping. It also allows you to "revisit titles" w/o having to create a new account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

The same thing would happen if you swapped HDDs or changed your profile over to a new console. As long as the game was synced before you did anything, any repeat trophy-popping is strictly local and will revert back to the original once you resync your profile. This will happen for every game as you replay them from the time you first start replaying the game until you sync the profile. It's a nice motivation trick to use for people that can't play a game w/o trophies popping. It also allows you to "revisit titles" w/o having to create a new account.

Awesome. Thank you so much!