New Chronological Collectable Guides/Walkthroughs for Star Wars: Jedi Force Unleashed

• 2 months later...

Greetings to my fellow Plat-Getter! 

I know most people have played this already, but as usual I am late to the party! I’ve had this game on hold at the library for awhile and was just notified that it’s ready for pickup. So I’ll be diving in to this game within the next few days, and you can be sure I will be giving your walkthrough a good workout. I don’t think I’ve read MrZhangetsu’s review of the game yet either, so I’m going to read that tonight and get hyped up for the game!

By the way, thank you for putting this together. I can only imagine how much extra time and effort this took to write it up, so I’ll be happy to make use of it and pass it along to any friends who need it as well. The same goes for your site of course. The website is looking better than ever, and the new UI is super sleek and professional looking. Love it! I like the direction you guys are taking too with the guides and trophy resources.

Keep it up. ? I’ll let you guys know how the guide works out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Greetings to my fellow Plat-Getter! 

I know most people have played this already, but as usual I am late to the party! I’ve had this game on hold at the library for awhile and was just notified that it’s ready for pickup. So I’ll be diving in to this game within the next few days, and you can be sure I will be giving your walkthrough a good workout. I don’t think I’ve read MrZhangetsu’s review of the game yet either, so I’m going to read that tonight and get hyped up for the game!

By the way, thank you for putting this together. I can only imagine how much extra time and effort this took to write it up, so I’ll be happy to make use of it and pass it along to any friends who need it as well. The same goes for your site of course. The website is looking better than ever, and the new UI is super sleek and professional looking. Love it! I like the direction you guys are taking too with the guides and trophy resources.

Keep it up. 1f44d.png I’ll let you guys know how the guide works out.

My guy...

Thank you for your kind words about our site as always! 

We do work very hard maintaining the site alongside full-time work but we love what we're doing and even though growth is small, it's still the greatest feeling to see "Oh, 100 more people used our guides this week" and then to receive compliments like this is the cherry on top that makes it all worth it!

The site redesign was a long time coming, I got my Graphic Designer girlfriend to do the redesign and then I took a week off work to rebuild it and re-upload all our content on the new format. The key idea was to have a better-looking site with more info available at the top of the page, including a pretty nifty navigation system on the sidebar which should help provide a better experience getting around our massive trophy guides!

The only downside to the rebrand and redesign is that now I think we look too professional. I stopped getting nice comments like yours from people who like what we're doing as just two average bros working on guides together and people now seem to think I'm some company or publisher like a smaller IGN and reactions are a lot more negative, especially on Reddit. It's a difficult balance! I put our M.O. on the About Us to try and combat this perception but who even reads an About Us page? haha

Anyway, thanks again for all the love, guy! Hope to see you around some more in the future :) Good luck with your JFO Platinum!

On 9/27/2020 at 11:13 PM, TheDblTap said:

My guy...

Thank you for your kind words about our site as always! 

We do work very hard maintaining the site alongside full-time work but we love what we're doing and even though growth is small, it's still the greatest feeling to see "Oh, 100 more people used our guides this week" and then to receive compliments like this is the cherry on top that makes it all worth it!

The site redesign was a long time coming, I got my Graphic Designer girlfriend to do the redesign and then I took a week off work to rebuild it and re-upload all our content on the new format. The key idea was to have a better-looking site with more info available at the top of the page, including a pretty nifty navigation system on the sidebar which should help provide a better experience getting around our massive trophy guides!

The only downside to the rebrand and redesign is that now I think we look too professional. I stopped getting nice comments like yours from people who like what we're doing as just two average bros working on guides together and people now seem to think I'm some company or publisher like a smaller IGN and reactions are a lot more negative, especially on Reddit. It's a difficult balance! I put our M.O. on the About Us to try and combat this perception but who even reads an About Us page? haha

Anyway, thanks again for all the love, guy! Hope to see you around some more in the future :) Good luck with your JFO Platinum!

I guess I’m an odd fish because I read the ‘About Us’ section on your site right after I posted that comment the other day. haha. I also read Mr.Z’s review of Jedi Fallen Order and really enjoyed getting his thoughts on the game. I’m really looking forward to starting it now.

As for your site, again I think it looks fantastic and wholeheartedly agree that the organization and navigation around the various topics and older articles is much better now. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a very positive upgrade in every way, So I am kind of shocked to hear some people are reacting that way to the perception that you guys are a big professional operation. I mean if they took just 5 minutes to read one of your articles, it’s pretty obvious right away that the tone of your articles is completely different to the usual drivel written by these so called journalists and critics who write about games. There’s a really personal and authentic touch, which is something that appealed to me right off the bat when I first discovered the site.

Maybe there’s something you can do, like add a banner or a quick message on the home page to let people know it’s a small operation run by a couple buddies, and legitimate trophy hunters? Maybe I it would make a difference when it comes to all those people who will never end up on the About Us page. Just something to think about I guess.

Ultimately just keep doing what you’re doing! You guys are doing great work, and even if the growth is slow right now, you can only get bigger over time as you guys continue to make names for yourselves. And with the PS5 coming, there could be opportunities there to try and get reviews, tips, guides, and trophy info about new games early on when people are scrambling for that kind of stuff, which would drive a lot of traffic to your site. Who knows, one of these days you guys might be giving a guy like PowerPyx a run for his money? ?

EDIT:

Rather than make a new post I just figured I’d edit this one and let you know that I’ve finished the story and I’m nearly done the collectibles as well (I’ve got 2-3 sections left on Zeffo to complete tomorrow and then I’m all finished).

I found your guides to be incredibly helpful, so thank you for making them! By following the seed guide I got the Green Thumb trophy long before finishing the game, and your main collectibles guide ended up being WAY more helpful than I thought it would be.

I thought I’d be able to get most on my own and just use your guide for the ones I missed, but that was before I realized how confusing all the backtracking and navigating is in this game... Following your instructions that guides the player from area to area in linear fashion made things SO much smoother than they would have been otherwise. The way you organized the guide was excellent.

The only guide I didn’t end up needing at all was the data scanning one. I used it on Bogano to begin with, but found it easy enough to find and scan enemies naturally on my own. It’s still nice you put one together though for people who might need it. Cheers man. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3