Trophies not unlocking

OliverDog1996

Has anyone had any trouble with the trophies for this one?

I completed the requirements for Maniac mechanic, giving back, Give yourself a hand, you monster, know your maker, and job genie, but they won't unlock.  I tried deleting the game and save data and reinstalling, but that didn't work.  I also tried deleting my ps4 user account but that didn't work either.  I tried a trophy for a different game and it unlocked immediately.

Any ideas?

There was an update Owlchemy released recently to improve performance on PS4 Pro as well as add subtitles for many languages. This might be the update that is affecting trophies. I downloaded Job Simulator last Thursday (July 9th) along with many other VR games. The trophy list for Job Simulator won't even appear in my profile. However, I've been able to get the Platinums for the rest of the VR games, so the problem must be with Job Simulator. The version I downloaded was after the recent update so that might be why I've not been getting any trophy support at all for it. I've been hounding them on twitter with this issue and am hoping for a response. Playstation support wanted me to send in my headset for repairs, so they've been very unhelpful.

• Like 1

I got the platinum a few hours ago by using the well documented patch roll back method mentioned here:

It's probably unnecessary since Job simulator is a very popular VR game and Owlchemy seem like respectable devs who would fix it (it's more a question of how long really, but keep in mind it took them 4 years to add PS4 Pro support lol)  but I've been burned by broken trophy lists before, so I'm always paranoid about this sort of thing. 

That's good to know since I've wanted to do that before for when exploits get patched out. However, Owlchemy has responded to me and said the support team found why the problem is happening and is working on a patch, so hopefully it's not too much longer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 13/7/2020 at 8:15 PM, mddowlin said:

The trophy list for Job Simulator won't even appear in my profile. However, I've been able to get the Platinums for the rest of the VR games, so the problem must be with Job Simulator. The version I downloaded was after the recent update so that might be why I've not been getting any trophy support at all for it.

Spain here, same thing happened to me. In my case, I deleted both the game and its save data and used the patch roll back method referenced by @Bartholomuse, then started the 1.00 version and made sure the trophy list loaded. Then I quit the game, downloaded the update, restarted it and now the trophy list loads as it should with the latest version. Haven't unlocked the platinum yet, but so far trophies seem to work fine now.

Hope this works for you or anyone else with this problem. Good luck.