Grounded Plus backwards vs. Grounded Plus glitch

It seems like there are two different "strategies" to make Grounded Plus difficulty as easy as possible:

1. Beat the game, start NG+, quit and reload the prologue, change difficulty to Grounded, play the rest of the game on Grounded +.

2. Beat the game, beat the game again on NG+, replay the chapters backwards on Grounded + to maximize resources.

Option 1 sounds like it requires only two playthroughs, while Option 2 requires three. But if you're also trying to max out your skills and weapons for the platinum, it seems like you won't be able to do that using Option 1, since there won't be enough resources in Grounded + to do so. So you'd have to do somewhere between 2.5 and 3 playthroughs anyways. I was hoping you'd be able to use the easy-item glitch to get easy items on Grounded +, but apparently you can't change the difficulty in NG+?

So what method do people prefer? Are there actually enough supplements and parts in Grounded + that you only need two playthroughs?

There's enough supplements that you only need one playthrough. Parts will be tight, but as long as you explore everywhere semi-thoroughly you can get by in two playthroughs. 

You could try Grounded and then just do Grounded Plus from the get go. It's really not as bad as you think, and in my opinion, the most fun way to play (makes survival horror a bit more about survival. :) )

Edit : And if you REALLY find yourself stuck, there's videos to pretty much make any section cheese. 

Edit 2 : well I see you already did one playthrough, so I'd just go with option 1 if you want to save time.

Edited by B1rvine

I already went through the first playthrough on normal and only got about halfway through upgrading; I find it hard to believe you can max either in a single playthrough. The last half of the game goes by so quickly, I feel like having upgraded guns and more crafted items in Grounded will still make it faster than sneaking through Grounded with nothing.

If I play NG+ under Normal, then replay the chapters individually, I can up the difficulty to Grounded and keep all my items, right?