Question about the deluxe edition

det_gittes

41 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

This game has long intrigued me and I can see that currently the deluxe edition comes with a small discount - can someone say how much content comes with the the Preserved Collection route East Coastway? Does the base game offer a lot of content? 

my understanding is that the base game comes with 3 services, much like the original TSW.

these are: 

The Bakerloo Line

Sand Patch 
Köln-Aachen

The amount of content seems roughly the same as the base game of TSW.

The East Coastway is exactly the same as it is in TSW. So you basically get that £24.99 dlc for £15 with the full price deluxe edition. *But you get it 15% cheaper if you purchase TSW2 from inside the in-game store on TSW.*

any Preserved collection dlc is basically the exact same content that was in that dlc for TSW. But it’s just running in the new engine, so it should be smoother and look better, but it won’t have any of the new updates to the gameplay.

the one thing I haven’t figured out yet, and I’d love if someone could tell me..

if I had purchased the deluxe edition of TSW2, would the included East Coastway unlock for the original TSW. 
I couldn’t find confirmation of this, so I opted for the standard edition.

But if you purchase any dlc pack for TSW, you receive the Preserved Collection Edition for free on TSW2 (when it’s released). However I was concerned that if I purchased the dlc specifically for TSW2, then I may still have to purchase it again for the original TSW.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 6:55 PM, GizMo_The_Great said:

my understanding is that the base game comes with 3 services, much like the original TSW.

these are: 

The Bakerloo Line

Sand Patch 
Köln-Aachen

The amount of content seems roughly the same as the base game of TSW.

The East Coastway is exactly the same as it is in TSW. So you basically get that £24.99 dlc for £15 with the full price deluxe edition. *But you get it 15% cheaper if you purchase TSW2 from inside the in-game store on TSW.*

any Preserved collection dlc is basically the exact same content that was in that dlc for TSW. But it’s just running in the new engine, so it should be smoother and look better, but it won’t have any of the new updates to the gameplay.

the one thing I haven’t figured out yet, and I’d love if someone could tell me..

if I had purchased the deluxe edition of TSW2, would the included East Coastway unlock for the original TSW. 
I couldn’t find confirmation of this, so I opted for the standard edition.

But if you purchase any dlc pack for TSW, you receive the Preserved Collection Edition for free on TSW2 (when it’s released). However I was concerned that if I purchased the dlc specifically for TSW2, then I may still have to purchase it again for the original TSW.

For your information, I did purchase the deluxe edition of TSW2. I can advise that I only got the TSW2 version of East Coastway. I did not also receive the TSW version.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Canon772 said:

For your information, I did purchase the deluxe edition of TSW2. I can advise that I only got the TSW2 version of East Coastway. I did not also receive the TSW version.

That sucks, seems like a huge oversight.

So if you want any dlc, then buy it for the original TSW. That way you get it for both.

Thanks for letting me know bud.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

That sucks, seems like a huge oversight.

So if you want any dlc, then buy it for the original TSW. That way you get it for both.

Thanks for letting me know bud.

Even if I have no intention of playing TSW 2020, it seems that the best deal is to buy the base TSW 2 and TSW 2020 when it is on sale for 15 bucks - it comes with 2 DLC routes instead of one in TSW 2 Deluxe. Even better, though, would be to wait a bit and get TSW 2 at a discount, too ?, especially that it probably needs patching.