Bounty Battle

Abby_TheLastofUs

Bounty Battle is the ultimate indie fighting game: a new multiplayer 2D fighter, where you can pit your favourite indie heroes against one another! Indie heroes from games like Guacamelee! and Darkest Dungeon, to Dead Cells, Owlboy & more battle it out in this fighter frenzy. The game features 20+ characters, each with their own Minion companion and unique abilities. Battle across levels inspired from the characters' own game worlds with up to 3 other players.

A host of game modes including a Tournament, Versus, Challenge Mode, Tutorial and Training Room to perfect your style
30 characters from your favourite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks
Each fighter has their very own minion to summon and join the fight
16 different arenas to battle on – some plucked from the worlds of their fighters
Multiple colour and palette swap options to fight in style!

(1).gif?t=1599149024

The Story

A supernatural event of unknown origin caused huge vortexes to form across the multiverse. It selected the greatest warriors from each world, and bestowed upon them magical powers.Each world has its eye on the prize, fighting for ultimate control over the multiverse… with their own respective champions – who also happen to have a bounty placed on their head! Now is the time to decide who will control the Universe. All worlds collide in this final confrontation to determine the fate of the Universe.

This is the Bounty Battle...

roster.gif?t=1599149024

Characters

Bounty Battle showcases your favorite characters from these beloved indie games:
Guest_Roster_1.png?t=1599149024

Guacamelee!

Darkest Dungeon

Dead Cells

Awesomenauts

Nuclear Throne

Owlboy

Guest_Roster_2.png?t=1599149024

Axiom Verge

SteamWorld Dig

Jotun

Battle Chasers Nightwar

Death’s Gambit

Guest_Roster_3.png?t=1599149024

EITR

Super Comboman

Pankapu

Flinthook

Doko Roko

Guest_Roster_4.png?t=1599149024

Tower of Samsara

Blubber Busters

Ruin of the Reckless

The Bug Butcher

Blocks that Matter

• 3 months later...

After playing this with friends today, I must say this is honestly the most disappointing game release of 2020. 

They started developing this game back when smash clones were starting to get populair with the promise that this would be smash but with a big indie character roster. So obviously I was hyped back in the day.

But I have never played a smash so bad. Lag spiking, unbalanced characters, bad to no recovery, broken combo's etc...  This game is very rough around the edges and shouldn't have released in this state, and it's a shame because the character roster is amazing with a lot from (famous) indie games that even people who aren't into indies would atleast recognize. 

A smash clone that I played a lot is brawlout which doesn't have the big and famous roster but it is great on the technical side.

• 2 months later...

This game is pretty bad. I'm just glad I didn't pre-order the CE because of the hype.
The lag sometimes is insane.When a character dies it just lags. Not that it asks that much of your ps4 / ps5. That's just bad programming.
I reviewed this game and gave it a fair 1/5. They just hype it up with the indie characters. It's a shame to see Juan in such a bad game.